About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Systems Engineer II, Corporate IT, is a key position in our success of delivering an amazing technology experience to our Grubhub population. This role is based in Chicago, and reports to the Sr Manager of Engineering & Automation. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who has experience in networking and system administration. This team is responsible for maintaining our current systems\infrastructure of our existing multi-site topology, and involved in our expansion to new locations and cloud providers. Delivering excellent customer service and technology solutions for approximately 5,000 employees / outsource partners in over 20 office locations.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Design, recommend and implement secure system and network infrastructure in a multi-site topology
- Design, recommend and implement collaboration solutions including file services and cloud applications
- Build and maintain hyper-converged/virtualization infrastructure and systems for corporate business needs
- Perform day-to-day administrative activities to maintain employee systems: telephony, desktop applications, cloud applications and network access
- Identify and implement automation opportunities
- Maintain AD environment in our network and connectivity to all corporate locations
- Stays current on emerging technology, and be able to provide recommendations for future technology investments.
- Interact with employees to understand the way they perform work, and seek creative ways to improve our workflows with technology
- Work with members of the team in other physical locations to ensure that projects and priorities are aligned, coordinated and prioritized
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field experience
- 4+ years implementing and maintaining physical and virtual infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience with security and authentication protocols (SAML, LDAP)
- 2+ years of Okta administration
- 4+ years building and maintaining Active Directory, implementing security for user and group management
- 5+ years of experience in IT roles within a large organization
- 4+ years of virtualization knowledge, including design, maintenance, and backups utilizing traditional and hyper-converged solutions
- 4+ years supporting and implementing storage technologies in a traditional and hyper-converged environment including migrations
- 2+ years of experience with any of the major cloud providers Azure, AWS, GCP
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows 10, macOS, Windows Server 2012-2019 (including core installations) in an Enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of file sharing technologies in a mixed enterprise environment including permissions management with complex requirements
- Ability to design and implement next generation collaboration solutions, including file services by using virtualization or cloud technologies
- Proven ability to migrate and consolidate redundant services where appropriate
- Understanding of concepts and theories regarding data backup and resiliency, including short and long term data retention concepts and policies
- Ability to create PowerShell or Python scripts to drive automation
- Knowledge of SD-WAN technologies and theories
- Track record of sound judgment, problem-solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization, from peers to management and executives
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.