Team Lead - Mainframe Systems Programmer at Ensono
The Team Lead Mainframe Systems Programmer will coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of their assigned IT teams. They assist in the day-to-day functions under direction from their Manager while maintaining on-going projects that may include installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, procedural documentation for their areas of expertise. The team leader will conduct training sessions with resources so that they can be equipped with new knowledge and skills to remain current. Team Leaders will have the abilities and expertise of the team resources to assist in dispersing assignments as well as providing input to the review process. The team leaders will have comprehensive knowledge and skills to guide all their assigned resources.
What you will do:
- Provide thought leadership within the Business Unit
- Provides Technical support for HW and SW solutions.
- Provide direction to associated team resources.
- Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
- Input to the review process.
- Update weekly project management scorecards and client health dashboard
- Provide risk assessment and risk management
- Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
- Delegate responsibilities where applicable.
- Facilitate or coordination of software releases/upgrades or large projects.
- Attend/facilitate client/team meetings where applicable.
- Collaboration with other departments
- Adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
What you will need:
- Fluent in JCL
- Knowledge of zOS serverpac/Installation/IPL
- Knowledge of REXX/CLIST
- Installation knowledge of ISV SW and IBM product
- Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project
What will set you apart:
- 10+ years’ experience
- Experience in one or multiple IT silos.
- Assembler/Cobol coding
- Sysplex support