Technical Solutions Engineer
Cooler Screens is backed and led by some of the most prominent Chicago & Silicon Valley leaders, advisers, and investors and has developed a digital solution to create and transform a multibillion-dollar industry and positively affect the buying experiences of consumers in the US and beyond. If you’re looking to get on the ground floor of the next digital revolution and Chicago tech success story – this opportunity may be for you.
As the Technical Solutions Engineer at Cooler Screens, you will be responsible for providing ongoing system analysis and technical resolution for all hardware and software related issues. In addition, you will serve as the point of contact for any cooler door related issue that cannot be resolved in the field, by field personnel. To successfully support all of these complex technical issues, you will need an in-depth knowledge of door operation, software and/or hardware functionality, LAN/WAN/Wireless Networking, configuration, as well as backend system architecture.
Who You Are:
- You are knowledgeable (functional to expert level) of Linux operating system
- You have a proven background leveraging technical troubleshooting skills
- You are comfortable with, and have a substantial working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including; Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Preferred: Knowledge of cellular (G3/G4) and Wi-Fi networks as well as LAN/WAN based communication protocols (specifically, TCP/IP)
What You’ll Do:
- Resolve software, hardware, or configuration issues relating to Cooler Screens
- Triage issues in real time via phone or email and communicate back possible solutions via e-mail, phone or third-party platforms
- Monitor, analyze, and track cooler door performance for developing error trends and initiating both short-term and long-term solutions or engage with additional engineering resources to help address situation
- Research, test, document, deploy and monitor corrective procedures related to Cooler Screens products and offerings
- Design, implement, monitor, analyze and report results of field tests on hardware and software issues involving current field failure trends, new hardware, and software releases
- Monitor and provide feedback on the technical performance of Field Operations internally. This could include: Field Technician performance, incident reporting, critical success metrics, and the efficiencies of current processes and practices
- Assist in the production and validation of technical documentation for use by the field, including training materials, installation/upgrade/maintenance checklists, procedures for field modifications, technical manuals, circuit board diagrams, process flowcharts, "how to" guides, as well as knowledge base articles related to key/recurring support issues
- Provide as needed/required, 24x7 support coverage to our field operations group. This responsibility, on occasion, requires work hours to shift outside a normal 8 am to 5 pm schedule.
What You Need to Succeed:
- You have an associate degree in Electronics Technology (or equivalent), BS in Information Systems or Information Technology preferred
- You’ve acquired 2+ years of experience repairing computers and/or electromechanical systems, as a support professional in a helpdesk environment
- You have strong user level experience navigating / utilizing operating systems via a command line
- Direct hands on experience with servicing kiosks with electromechanical components
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and/or CompTIA A+ certification
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
About Cooler Screens
We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT-enabled screens. Our media platform reimagines the brick-and-mortar shopping experience for consumers in the cooler and freezer aisle while delivering new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for brands and retailers.
We have an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team at our headquarters in the heart of Chicago.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age.