Telephony Engineering Manager
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
The Telephony Engineering Manager provides strategic and technical services support to all of GoHealth’s contact center applications used by all departments (Member Services, Exchange, BPO) in the areas of cloud based, high volume, telephony software operations, system enhancement and configuration, knowledge management, and training. The right candidate conducts research on best practices and industry trends of contact center telephony technology and related topics. He/she constructs and presents formal proposals for enhancement strategies and improvements based on research. The Manager will partner with key stakeholders to identify contact center problems, assess their impact, formulate potential alternatives, and implement solutions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for contact center systems and tools, including but not limited to, Five9 and IEX.
- Provides technical support for all contact center telephony systems and technical tools.
- Ensures SLAs are met or exceeded for all projects.
- Conducts business and technical requirement analysis, testing, and execution in support of the development of GoHealth’s contact center systems enhancements (software and hardware).
- Records, tracks, and documents Call Center Operational and Maintenance procedures (including disaster recovery).
- Serves as the lead VoIP Administrator with Call Center systems support, maintenance, and enhancements.
- Ensures all script and routing changes for the call center telephony are completed within SLAs.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop or application level including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing appropriate data storage, and configuring call center systems and applications.
- Works with IT staff to implement system enhancements and bug fixes.
- Provides business analytical support to Call Center Operations team.
- Available by cell phone to assist in coordination of IT outages 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
- Holds Associate’s or Bachelor’s technical degree.
- Candidate has worked in IT or call center environment for at least two (2) years in a similar capacity.
- Strong working knowledge and troubleshooting experience in VoIP call center systems, Five9 preferred but Cisco (UCCE) or Avaya product suites given stong consideration. Any VoIP certifications (Five9, CCVP) or formal VOIP training(s) are a plus.
- Working knowledge of call center workforce management and recording systems; IEX and Nice preferred.
- Highly proficient in learning new skills in software, data development, and analytics.
- Possesses strong focus on customer service and understands that he/she has internal and external customers to whom he/she provides services and information.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; often making proposals to leadership on possible solutions.
- Able to effectively plan and prioritize work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks on time.
- Possesses high attention to detail and diligently attends to details and data integrity; pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Needs to be flexible and open to change, considers a variety of issues that exist and recommends possible solutions.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Can effectively present findings or translate data into an understandable document or presentation.
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Casual dress code
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer