Voice Engineer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Voice Engineer will be a technical SME and central point of contact who works very closely with internal and external customers and maintain organization’s voice solutions in a multi-site environment as well as support contact center technologies.
What are some examples of areas you’ll be managing as a Voice Engineer at VillageMD?
- You will play a key role in developing and executing support procedures for our voice systems with the goal of achieving maximum uptime including availability of critical services that our business depends upon.
- You will own provisioning, implementing, performing moves, adds and changes of various voice technologies including the current Voice & Contact Center platforms.
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to understand the “voice of the customer”, in other words, having excellent listening skills combined with true desire to provide best possible customer service to our colleagues.
- In-depth understanding of voice telecommunications, voice infrastructure, cabling, and various telephony platforms.
- Decent understanding of some of the key contact center and voice technologies & services.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Improve and maintain existing voice systems and assist in new system implementation on as needed basis
- Monitor the communications systems environment and be highly responsive with taking corrective actions to minimize outages.
- Assist with keeping accurate records of all topology, maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s voice and contact center infrastructure.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5 -7 years plus of General Telecommunications/Telephony experience
- 5 -7 years working with LEC’s, ILECS. CLECS and other telephony providers.
- Hands on experience with VoIP solutions (i.e. Unity, Polycom) is a must
- Experience working with billing, CSR’s, Toll Free Routing, Site surveys, E911 compliance etc.
- Experience with POTS, DID, TDM, VoIP and SIP protocols
- Working knowledge of Contact Center concepts and principles
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.