Windows Systems Administrator
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open, and most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
Do you dream about Windows Servers? Can you troubleshoot Active Directory, DFS, & Group Policy with your eyes closed? If so, we have just the position for you. We are a fast paced, profitable, growing, and devoted River North based Company. We are autodidacts, teachers, innovators, and motivators. We value risk taking over playing it safe and mentors over managers. We truly live by a work hard, play hard mantra!
Our team is ambitious, passionate, and collaborative; the environment is relaxed and entertaining.
The Systems Administrator roll will be responsible for the configuration and support of our corporate technology infrastructure and desktop computing environments. They will serve as a member of the IT/Operations group providing on-site support at the main office as well as the branch offices. This position will also require and intimate knowledge of automation, CI/CD pipelines, as well as planning for future expansion of our infrastructure.
- Assist in the planning, installation, support, and configuration of Microsoft server and desktop products including Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL Server, and File Servers
- Maintaining and bolstering our CI/CD pipeline
- Configure and utilize monitoring solutions that will be leveraged to respond to alerts from the technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met
- Work with a team providing capacity planning and make recommendations on new equipment and services
- Actively monitor the issue tracking system and address/resolve outstanding issues
- 3+ years of Windows Server administration and Infrastructure experience
- Strong working knowledge of PowerShell for automating routine tasks, and tooling.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 (Server Core and Full-GUI)
- Complete understanding of Active Directory implementation in a multi-site environment
- Experience with a distributed VCS system (Git preferred) and at least one code repo (i.e Bitbucket, GitHub, or GitLab)
- Basic knowledge of SOAP/REST APIs.
- Knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience managing file systems distributed between WAN locations
- Experience managing complex file permissions across multiple shares
- Understanding of networks (routing, switching, and cabling)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 experience (high availability, replication)
- Experience in VMware
“Nice To Haves”
- Experience with various open source PowerShell modules: Pester, Plaster, PSake, platyPS, etc.
- Proven experience using configuration management tools such as DSC, Puppet, or Chef
- Familiarity with creating Unit and Integration tests
- CentOS 7 experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and working in a large-scale Windows networking environment
- Capable of providing technical support in person, via phone, or via remote desktop software
- Highly skilled desktop troubleshooter capable of handling occasional user error related problems, as well as high-level issues in a timely manner
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to document work associated with troubleshooting
- Flexibility is very important, as we are a growing company and with your efforts will be continuing to do so!