3D Technician at Fast Radius
Role: 3D-Printing Technician
Level: Entry level
Position: Full-time & Part-time opportunities
Location: West Loop, Chicago, IL
Reports to: Chicago Manager, Head of Production
Fast Radius is the leading software-enhanced, industrial-grade, 3D printing manufacturer. Our strategic partnership with UPS allows us to offer turnaround as quickly as same-day. From functional prototypes to real engineered parts produced in the tens of thousands, Fast Radius guarantees quality with the fastest delivery times in the industry.
Familiar global corporations and new innovators are choosing Fast Radius to deliver on the promise of on-demand manufacturing, reduce upfront production costs, accelerate product development and make the once unthinkable goal of ‘zero inventory’ a reality.
In addition to UPS, Fast Radius is backed by some of the leading investment firms in the US, including Drive Capital, Jump Capital, Hyde Park Venture Partners and others.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for both full-time and part-time employees. There are multiple roles open and we’re rapidly growing. Candidates will likely be current students with a willingness to learn and experienced technicians who have a desire to work with cutting edge technology. Part-time roles can lead to full-time openings.
The full-time role requires 40+ hours of work (including overtime options) and the part-time role requires 20+ hours of work (including flexible options to allow time for classwork, internships, etc.)
Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to; machine set-up (mixing and filling resin pots), post-processing of parts (including removal from machine, sanding), and final inspection.
The job is a great chance to get involved with a new startup that includes a team of smart leaders who are excited about building an incredible company together.
- Prior 3D printing or manufacturing experience/knowledge (a plus but not required)
- Appreciation for building and working with materials hands on (required)
- Prior experience using inspection and metrology tools/equipment (preferred, not required)
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new manufacturing technologies
- Ready to dive in and work on all things occurring in the production facility any given day
- Flexible timing and able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast pace and adaptable environment
What we will provide you:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, a generous vacation policy and office holidays (available to qualified full-time employees)
- A fun environment to collaborate with like-minded professionals