Agile Product Manager at Foxbox Digital
Are you a Type A technophile that loves the feeling of checking tasks off your list? Do you stay current on the latest productivity apps and hacks? Can you see through complex visions and seamlessly map out a plan of execution?
Foxbox is looking for a Product Manager to join our Product team! We are looking for someone with foundational skills, existing mobile app experience, and a desire to level up their project management expertise. You will be working in a high paced environment and will be trained, guided, and supported to independently run your own projects and interface directly with clients.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning engineering-focused product development agency. With a history of launching successful digital products, we’ve helped Fortune 100 companies, and high-growth startups architect, develop and deploy products used by hundreds of thousands of people.
Headquartered in Chicago, but remote-first, Foxbox Digital is a team of nearly 25 and growing rapidly. We are looking for other high energy, tech-enthusiasts, to join our global team.
What you'll do:
- Oversee up to 3 mobile or web projects as the Lead Product Manager and main Point of Contact for clients
- Collaborate with clients and team to define and prioritize features and stories
- Lead Scrum development activities to maintain product backlog, prioritize the enhancements, and sprint plan.
- Writing and prioritizing user stories
- Authoring and organizing project documentation such as project plans, statements of work, scopes, schedules, and resources
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Facilitate internal demos and lead Client demos after each Sprint
- Maintain the Sprint Dashboard, Project Workspace, and weekly Project Reporting to leadership.
Who you are
- 2+ years managing software, preferably mobile, projects
- Or 2+ years working on a Product team
- Agile or Scrum experience and DevOps principles
- Consulting, account management, or external partner/client management experience
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understanding of UX/UI design and software development process, methods and rationale
- Familiarity with project management & productivity tools such as Jira, GitLab, Trello, Slack, Notion, Airtable, etc.
- Understanding the fundamentals of iterative development, with a focus on minimum viable product
- Ability to acquire respect from team while demonstrating a willingness to “get hands dirty” when needed to get the job done
- Exceptional communication skills – written, oral, visual, formal, informal.
- Live in Chicago
Why Foxbox Digital?
- Work directly with an experienced CTO and entrepreneur who has built and lead development teams at multiple venture-backed companies along with other experienced and savvy Product Owners and Project Managers.
- Remote-first company: work from our Chicago office, or home, on your schedule. Our development team is based in South America.
- Chicago team works out of Industrious - great office perks! (post-COVID)
- Healthcare benefits and unlimited time off.
- Training program and resources to ensure you excel as a Product Owner.
- Autonomy to lead exciting projects and structure how projects are run.