Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
This role will closely partner with data scientists, data engineers, and business partners to use data to benchmark and improve our algorithms and telematics products. An ideal candidate should be a team player with proven success in using statistics and data visualization to generate insights from large datasets. The candidate should be passionate about discovering patterns and playing with data and summarizing and presenting results to stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate should have the curiosity to learn and understand how machine learning algorithms work and how these algorithms would be used by Arity's customers.
- Lead and conduct data extraction and statistical analytics to track model performance and benchmark competitive solutions
- Lead and provide ad-hoc analyses to support critical and time-sensitive market and business decisions
- Present findings/insights to data science, engineering, products, business leadership and external customers
- Design and create intuitive KPI dashboard/reports to generate insights
- Provide analytical support to discover patterns in unexpected model behavior to suggest opportunities for improvements
- Troubleshoot data quality issues - identify root cause/systems, document and communicate resolutions
- Follow best practices and continuously improve Arity's capability in data analysis, visualization and product intelligence
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business
- 2+ years of relevant experience in statistics and data visualization
- Strong analytical skills to answer questions with data
- Advanced technology fluency in tools and software/programming languages with key analytic applications (Python/R, Jupyter Notebooks, AWS quicksight/Tableau)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups at all organizational levels
- Optional: Knowledge of statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques
- Optional: Experience with geospatial analysis, telematics data, project management
- Optional: Experience with Linux, Spark and HDFS
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.