Arity-Associate Product Manager
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Looking to join a strong team with a vision to build the future of transportation? At Arity, achieving our goals requires a product manager eager to work in the trenches with the development team to solve tough problems and produce great results. Just as importantly, they'll need to collaborate regularly with our engineers, designers, customers, and stakeholders to understand what must be done and why. We're looking for a dynamic new teammate who's comfortable scoping out the use cases of a new API one moment, providing design critique the next, and finishing up by building out a roadmap around a new feature-or has the willingness to learn these skills. Above all, an Arity product manager should possess insatiable curiosity and attention to detail. Want to join our team? Let's chat!
At Arity, we believe the transportation system is broken and there is an opportunity to fundamentally make it safer, smarter and more usable. Arity teams use telematics, data, and analytics to help their customers address mobility challenges. Proprietary algorithms analyze billions of driving miles and activity streams and distill the flood of information into actionable insights.
The Platform team is intentionally designed to contribute horizontally in solving common sensor data collection, ingestion, transformation, and enrichment problems within Arity. As an Associate Product Manager for Platform Sensors (Driving Engine), you will join an ambitious team that is seeking ways to understand the increasingly dynamic nature of mobility. You will have the opportunity to identify and define customer pain points, ultimately being responsible for delivering the data and services that help customers achieve success. This includes managing the strategic product vision, gaining empathy for your customers and their needs, and executing on your product strategy.
Specifically, the Sensors (Engine) team delivers a core product within the Arity ecosystem crafted to embed insight discovery services into mobile host applications. Insight discovery services offer the host applications the ability to present a rich set of user engagement features while focusing on the key mission to evaluate sensor information into valuable filters and variables used to derive insights or meaning during key mobility moments.
Given the vast number of challenges that Arity could seek to try and fix, the Platform team is looking for an associate product manager to lead continuous discovery efforts and help prioritize opportunities across a potential suite of Cities products
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- 3-5 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment