Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
This role supports the monitoring of algorithm performance within the Trip Intelligence team, which is responsible for insights regarding mode of transport and other trip-level characteristics. An ideal candidate will have experience summarizing and presenting insights derived from large-scale datasets. Additionally, the PIC should have a passion for improving machine learning algorithms and understanding how these algorithms arrive at the predictions they do.
- Lead projects requested by leadership to provide support for speed to market, vital, company decisions
- Gather requirements/understand purpose of request
- Lead and provide complex data extraction and analytical assistance to support algorithmic development within the team and provide ad-hoc analyses to outside stakeholders
- Analytical support includes inspecting algorithm predictions in production to suggest opportunities for improvement
- Utilize an array of data sources, all in different forms and with different tools or methods, to aggregate results
- Design and create reporting with limited assistance so that technical team members may visually understand and explore a new product feature or functionality before implementation to expose design assumptions and drive ideation
- Design and create reporting so that key measurements are in place with implementation of products
- Works with data stewards in the testing/profiling of data and validation of newly captured data to ensure proper operation and accuracy
- Troubleshoots data quality issues - identifying root cause/system & documentation/communication of resolution
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Business or Computer Science
- 2+ years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced technology fluency in tools and software/programming languages with key analytic applications (Python, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, OLAP, Tableau)
- Experience gathering requirements cross-functionally to build dashboards or similar data visualizations
- Nice to have: Knowledge of statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models.
- Nice to have: Experience with Spark and HDFS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels.
- Intermediate presentation skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.