Arity - Product Manager - Trip Insights Team
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Associate Product Manager, Platform Trip Insights
At Arity, we believe the transportation system is broken and there is an opportunity to fundamentally make it safer, smarter and more usable. Arity teams use telematics, data, and analytics to help their customers address mobility challenges. Proprietary algorithms analyze billions of driving miles and activity streams and distill the flood of information into actionable insights.
The Platform team is intentionally designed to contribute horizontally in solving common sensor data collection, ingestion, transformation, and enrichment problems within Arity. As an Associate Product Manager for Platform Trip Insights, you will join an ambitious team that is seeking ways to understand the increasingly dynamic nature of mobility. You will have the opportunity to identify and define customer pain points, ultimately being responsible for delivering the data and services that help customers achieve success. This includes managing the strategic product vision, gaining empathy for your customers and their needs, and executing on your product strategy.
Generally, Platform Trip Insights team is a steward for trip-related information and accountable for defining and maintaining availability for the repository Arity depends upon to express how people move over time. You will work in a team of teams product arrangement as such will be expected to collaborate with other Platform teams in delivering a complete solution for Arity. Specifically, the Platform Trip Insights team is a collection of software engineers, big data engineers, and data scientists who interact with market-facing Product teams to evaluate the sensor information and create valuable enrichments or insights our customers demand. The Platform Insights team builds mechanisms to return these insights through either a speed or batch path to interested applications.
Given the vast number of challenges that Arity could seek to try and fix, the Platform team is looking for an associate product manager to lead continuous discovery efforts and help prioritize opportunities across a potential suite of Cities products
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
Knowledge / Skills
- 3-5 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.