Associate Data Product Manager, Health and Wellness at SPINS LLC
This is not a technical Product Manager role.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
The Associate Data Product Manager, Health and Wellness is a key part of the SPINS Product Intelligence team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the shaping of SPINS’ Product Intelligence ongoing growth through the development of wellness-focused attributes that power SPINS Product Intelligence solutions and programs.
The Associate Data Product Manager, Health and Wellness will support stages of the product/portfolio lifecycle, including creating requirements and overseeing development of specific pieces of the roadmap, either as a sole project lead or in conjunction with Data Product Managers. They will be expected to collect voice of customer to translate into product offering solutions.
The Associate Data Product Manager, Health and Wellness should have strong project management and analytical capabilities as they will be expected to juggle many projects with tight deadlines. They will interact with a variety of cross functional teams including engineers, operations, sales, customer-facing teams, and marketing. This person should be driven, inquisitive and agile with a strong business sense and a passion for health and wellness.
- Assist and participate in the development of attributes within the Product Intelligence roadmap
- Identify market needs and opportunities (i.e. future attributes) for the Product Intelligence business working with internal and external stakeholders
- Use data and insight gathered to recommend and develop attribute requirements. Identify key themes and/or trends by monitoring and researching trends and industry matters to gain understanding of industry and integrate findings into attribute recommendations
- Support the attribute development process from idea generation to delivery (launch). This includes developing definitions, creating requirements, and at times managing project plans
- Build data taxonomies and data structure rules to develop new attributes according to industry, regulatory and/or client requirements
- Support the management and execution of SPINS product hierarchy (category and subcategory) development and changes
- Coordinate with the SPINS Product Intelligence Operations team to manage and execute product category projects, new product department projects, data partner projects and attribute support within SPINS databases
- Support the marketing, commercial and Product Intelligence operations teams through training and subject matter expertise of the Product Intelligence portfolio or offering additional support.
- Occasionally participate in communicating with audiences directly through articles, webinars and customer engagements
- Foster and maintain relationships engineering, operations and customer success teams to ensure needs are met and deadlines are observed
- Monitor and incorporate industry trends and innovations
- Ad hoc projects under the direction of managers as assigned
- Handle competing priorities and heavy project workloads; manage difficult feedback
What You Bring
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year degree in science-related, food science, nutrition, dietitian, biology etc.
- Minimum 0-1 year of product management or similar business experience
- Familiarity in Food, Dietary Supplements, and/or Personal Care product labeling/regulatory knowledge is desired. Exposure in retail or consumer packaged goods natural/organic environment is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, adhere to deadlines
- Entrepreneurial drive to take ownership for assigned product strategy and execution to achieve growth goals
- A strong business sense – ability to create product strategy from market analysis
- Strong ability to analyze raw volumes of data to perform trend analysis or other insights
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.