Associate Product Manager
About the Company
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work with Engineering, Design, Data Scientists, Sales, and Marketing teams to evolve the software for one of our key products. This role is for Civis Identity Resolution, a product that forms the foundation for high-quality person level modeling and analysis. We help clients build a more complete, comprehensive view of their customers. This includes solving problems such as linking together data from a variety of sources to create a unique, stable identity for each individual. We aim to solve these core business problems by bringing not only data and science, but the scientific method into the products we launch.
You’ll be a great fit at Civis Analytics if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Aptitude to quickly learn agile principles, processes, and development
- Comfort with making connections between how complex technical issues impact both end users and Civis
- Ability to break down problems into clear user stories, prioritize them, and works closely with Design, Engineering, and Data Science to drive them to completion
- A track record of being a great communicator and self starter who isn’t afraid to get in the weeds and truly understand the product you are building
- A passion to pursue voice of the customer, including: market research and soliciting user feedback
- Strong project management skills
- Empathy towards users
- Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience, startup experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of Jira
- Basic understanding of roadmapping
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience with data or analytics technologies