At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
We’ve created an exciting new program specifically for individuals aspiring to a Product Owner role! Join us as an Associate Product Owner (APO) and over the course of 6-12 months, learn best practices in how our products are built and gain hands-on experience in developing and releasing product functions and features. After successfully completing the program, you will have the opportunity to progress into the Product Owner role for one of our product teams and will be able to work remotely from anywhere in the US.
The Associate Product Owner are emerging leaders within Product Development and work with dedicated product teams to ensure that our products deliver against our customers’ unmet needs. They are responsible for collecting and analyzing a variety of data to help the product team determine what needs to be built and in what priority. They assist in developing and executing product vision and strategy, which includes conducting feature research, running discovery sessions, writing user stories and owning the product backlog. They monitor the utilization of released functionality. They should have an enthusiasm for creating vital functionality and for innovating and expanding our market-leading product suite. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build strong relationships with a multi-discipline team.
Who you are:
· Collaborative, Innovative and Humble
· Starts with the customer unmet need (both short and long term)
· Brings a point-of-view supported by variety of data
· Relentlessly curious about the customer experience and current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
· Passionate about quality and controls
· A strong communicator with an affinity for change management
· Unflinching in your desire for production stability
How we work:
· Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
· Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
· Customers at the center of everything we do
· Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
· Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
· Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
· A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
· Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
· Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
· A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
· Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
· A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Is either in a current Product Analyst role at Paylocity or has 1-3 years of experience outside Paylocity as a Product Owner
· Data driven, with solid problem framing and analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with software and qa engineers, operations, sales, marketing and other internal key partners
· Strong analytical and technology skills
· Superior attention to detail with strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
· Self-directed, self-motivated
· Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
During the first six months at Paylocity, you will:
· Develop a strong knowledge of our customers, our business, our competition and the industry
· Regularly communicate with customers (with support from Product Manager) and internal stakeholders to get feedback on their wants and needs
· Collect and analyze a variety of data (e.g. industry, competitive, customer and stakeholder feedback) and with guidance, identify key themes and validate assumptions regarding product features
· Contribute to development and/or pressure testing of product vision and strategy
· Use data to validate product roadmap priorities
· Conduct roadmap feature research with product designers
· Help set up customer validation testing of designs and run discovery sessions
· Write user stories in a manner clearly understandable to product teams
· Present data and decisions to Product Manager to help them prepare for product briefing and deep dives
· Participate in all agile ceremonies
· Work with Product Manager to define vision and strategy for product's marketing launch plan and own assigned components of the plan
· Regularly monitor utilization of released functionality, looking for trends and share utilization data and trends with Product Manager to identify areas of opportunity and recommend ideas
· Own product backlogs and provide impact analysis of client issues to determine priority
· Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
· Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
· CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
· Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
· DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
· 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
· Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
· Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
· Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
· Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.