Business Intelligence Product Analyst
Business Intelligence Product Analysts at VillageMD play a critical role in the implementation and delivery of internal software solutions across our various markets. These software solutions allow our teams to more accurately and efficiently manage the patients that rely upon our healthcare facilities for care. We're in a unique position to impact primary care across the continuum from independent, family owned practices to world class health systems. We aggregate, process, and make rich datasets available to all types of applications and users that allow for informed, contextualized decision-making.
At VillageMD, we have built our technology by standing on the shoulders of giants in the tech space. We leverage proven open source technologies developed at Airbnb, Amazon, and Facebook. We participate in the open source ecosystem inclusive of the data ontology, OHDSI. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with individuals across our markets to understand their reporting needs, prioritize issues, document a migration plan and partner with technologists in the implementation of a world class business intelligence solution.
What are examples of work that BI Product Analysts have done at VillageMD?
- Partnered with stakeholders to build scope and timelines for pilot projects
- Worked closely with our market teams and leadership to identify, document and validate business requirements with key stakeholders
- Assisted the technical team in translating market requirements into specifications and the production of associated documentation
- Communicated the business directives, goals, and needs to the technical team
- Collaborated with project leadership to ensure accurate implementation of business/system requirements and overall successful delivery of solutions
- Executed system demos with different stakeholder groups to collect feedback and build excitement
What will make you successful here?
- Clear, proactive communication with an ability to build rapport
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- A desire to be accountable for owning projects through their life cycle
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Familiarity with software and analytic skills
- A low ego and humility; a focus on getting things across the finish line
- A talent for operating effectively at various levels of abstraction
- Comfort with travel to our markets as needed, around 25 - 50%
What you might do in your first year:
- Develop multiple market deployment plans and synchronize them with development schedules
- Create standard processes for documentation, communication and adoption of new platforms
- Develop report specifications and work with developers to translate business needs into usable business intelligence solutions
- Present to market leads on deployment updates, platform enhancements and new processes
- Work with the business intelligence team to design a strategy to implement enhancements
- Lead in market and cross market sessions to gather requirements and formulate business specifications
- Develop training materials for end users of the Business Intelligence Platform
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3 + years of business analysis experience aligned with BI solutions
- Experience in healthcare or enterprise-level technology projects
- Proven track record of independently executing initiatives in a decentralized environment
- Experience working in an agile product company or technology startup
- EMR or other healthcare technology experience preferred but not required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.