Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We're looking for a highly commercial digital marketer to lead our company's web and digital marketing team. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of our team of digital marketers. You will work closely with the broader marketing team and organization to develop digital experiences that help drive our business growth.
We're looking for someone who is heavily metric-orientated, obsessed with ROI, and can motivate and lead the team to execute creative marketing tactics, measure results and iterate quickly, deliver a huge impact on the business and the market, and significantly enhance the digital maturity of the business.
You'll work with the relevant departments and stakeholders to build and execute the go-to-market plan that best drives growth & retention for Litera.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet with key stakeholders from Sales and Customer Success to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, differentiators, and where Marketing fits in, to design impactful digital marketing programs
- Meet with Marketing and the Evangelist teams to understand more about the work we're doing to establish Litera as a thought leader in the sector, assess the success/potential of existing initiatives and identify where the opportunities are to build on the foundations we've created through digital channels, including how the ROI of this is measured & reported.
- Meet with the digital marketing team to better understand current work priorities and approach, with a view to maximizing existing potential and developing the team & its individuals over time.
- Review website, systems, campaigns and customer communications to understand and assess consistency and clarity of our messaging channels.
- Form a view, based on the needs of the business, of the necessary technology investments.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Present your assessment and proposed plan to the CMO, focusing on the measurement and reporting of ROI on the key digital properties across the business, and driving the growth of digital pipeline.
- Begin executing phase 1 of your plan with your team while measuring results on a daily/weekly basis; share results with key stakeholders, and the broader company as appropriate. Iterate.
- Lead your team in establishing & executing campaign programs which align with the goals of the business.
- Take steps to develop the maturity of our digital marketing program, including lead scoring and nurturing with the goal of driving more web traffic and demo requests.
- Produce a method and cadence for regularly reporting out on key metrics to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand their goals to help define strategy, content and features for design of their web pages.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Lead the development of a comprehensive digital strategy to improve the user experience and provide brand consistency across all sections of the website
- Design and implement a digital footprint that drives awareness, acquisition, retention and revenue
- Establish & put into action a plan for both individual and departmental development, combined with a strong network of suitable talent to enable growth.
- Continue to evolve, measure and regularly report KPIs
- An inspirational leader, able to develop a results and metric-driven culture that inspires people to do their best work
- You not only get things done and routinely meet metric-based goals, but have ability to lead a team to do the same
- Can thrive in a dynamic, high speed environment
- High EQ and ability to lead with positive influence
What Sets Us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with our upper management team
- Work with a team that has a proven track record year over year
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Access to personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system
- Great health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, & more!