Director, Product Development
Who We Are
At Networked Insights, we help brands answer interesting questions about their audiences. We use our custom & predictive audience data, and our audience research capabilities to help solve real problems that others cannot. Many clients use our data to influence content strategy, develop new products, or to activate our audiences in digital and offline channels, delivering outstanding results.
And this is not your typical data – Networked Insights’ custom built & proprietary technology analyzes millions of conversations a day, all in real-time, to tell us what people really care about, how they feel about different topics, and how they think. Whether it’s helping one of the top cell phone manufacturers choose what features they should build for their next phone, or building custom media campaigns that speak to what individuals care about…we can help.
What You’ll Do
As a Product Owner, you will be a facilitator and driver of our world-class technologies that are leveraged to create AI and machine learning capabilities for consumption by various teams at American Family Insurance including marketing, media, and analytics stakeholders. Our team needs someone who thrives both as an individual contributor and a collaborative partner. You will help shape vision, drive innovation to existing products, and lead teams to produce products that deliver excellent business value. You will be part of the core group of leaders that evangelizes, trains, and guides the integration of product development capabilities into the organization.
- Be a key team member on driving a product management transformation at American Family Insurance with Networked Insights’ methodology and processes.
- Be the product leader on a cross functional team who is building out AI and Machine Learning infused capabilities and products.
- Bring innovation to bear on the company's product lines and the ability to serve its customers throughout product definition and delivery life cycles.
- Lead rich discovery processes with stakeholders to discover market opportunities
- Conduct user research to identify, evaluate, and define MVP and post-MVP iterations
- Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short-term and long-term value delivery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout product definition and delivery life cycles.
- Make/own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge when things don’t go exactly as planned.
- Align product release planning in harmony with business strategy and product roadmaps.
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of product development/management experience
- 2-4 years at a technology company focused on lead analysis, generation and optimization
- Experience with software development in an Agile environment
- Experience with marketing, lead generation/optimization, e-commerce, data analytics and digital advertising models preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree - preferably related to Marketing or Data Analytics
- Flexibility to travel to Madison, WI 2 days a week
Who You Are
- Nerd, Geek, or a Nerd studying for their Geek degree, who is also fluent in “business speak”
- Servant Leader who is willing to do whatever is needed to get the work done from strategy on down
- Assertive but diplomatic personality with the ability to keep the team focused on the right priorities at the right time
- Able to lead and facilitate discussions across a wide group of stakeholders (engineering, business units and internal customers)
- Cat Herder Extraordinaire! - Able to prioritize the conflicting wants and needs of stakeholders and partners from C-level on down
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excited about the Big Data revolution, with a passion for translating huge collections of data into actionable insights
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
What You’ll Get
- Ownership and challenge in your work including teaching agility and a startup mind-set as a core member of the transformation organization
- Collaboration with an intelligent and highly-skilled team who all bring their own flavor of “weird” resulting in a very cohesive group
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance
- Unlimited paid time off policy and flexibility to work from home.
- Company Culture that is Committed to Work-Life Balance for each and every employee and we mean it
- Casual office environment with a start-up feel – We have a particular fondness for Peanut M&Ms
- Fantastic downtown location connected to the Merchandise Mart
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.