Director, Product Management - Casualty
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for and owns existing and new CCC casualty products, through all phases of the product life-cycle from inception through retirement; this includes evaluating new market/customer needs and priorities, building business cases for new products and significant product enhancements, partnering internally and externally to ensure effective development and implementation of product plans.
This individual will also work with the existing markets/customers to ensure effective product, pricing, and positioning for the market. The Director of Casualty Product will be expected to formulate a point of view on where product(s) need to go to succeed in the market place as well as ongoing operations.
- Collaborate with marketing, service operations, sales/consulting and technology development teams and manage customer expectation around product delivery / implementation.
- Drive products and product roadmap into market for CCC Casualty Solutions
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to elicit analytics requirements and understand priorities
- Prioritize product enhancements and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Conduct visits with customers, perform competitive analysis, and work with internal teams - Sales, Consulting, Development, Technical Support, drawing necessary insight from multiple viewpoints to understand market needs
- Develop business cases for new products and significant product enhancements including: identification of problem, proposed solution, value proposition, market sizing, sales projection, costs, execution planning/management etc.
- Communicate product positioning and strategic value both internally and externally
- Proactively engage customers, partners, and internal stakeholders on the product roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, craft a vision, get people excited by ideas and get them quickly to market
- Develop, maintain, and direct implementation of product roadmaps across entire organization and business units
- Lead the product launch process to ensure the organization is ready to train, deploy, and support the product in the market
- Measure the actual results of the release/product against the business case revenue expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or another related field is required, an MBA is highly desired
- Minimum of 10 years of Product Management/Product Consulting experience
- A Background in auto insurance casualty claims operations as an employee or a consultant is required.
- Understanding of workflow automation and analytics solutions in general, required, within Auto casualty claims operations is very helpful
- Good understanding of software development life cycle
- Business requirements authoring/management, Workflow diagramming, product line management
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing and Agile processes preferred
- Excellent written communication skills - documentation, presentations, and flowcharts
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with business partners, senior management executives, technical analysts, developers, & other cross functional staff
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!