Director of Product Management: Digital Subscriptions at Tribune Publishing
We are looking for an exceptional product leader to obsessively drive our digital subscription product offering. The successful candidate is a data-driven product owner with proven experience working in large-scale publishing or e-commerce organizations focused on subscriptions.
As the Director of Product Management: Digital Subscriptions, you'll be responsible for developing a cohesive strategy and product roadmap that accelerates subscriber growth and retention across core digital products, including: website, mobile web, app, email and partner distribution channels.
You will collaborate with cross-functional leaders from Marketing, Development, Data & Analytics and Customer Experience to iterate on the Subscriber customer journey – and the underlying platforms that enable user identity, meter, paywall and checkout. As such, you will manage and facilitate a robust backlog that supports the subscriber experience, as well as key stakeholder, and business objectives.
This position also requires advanced understanding of mobile trends, emerging technologies, partnership opportunities, vendor capabilities, and a customer orientation that ensures subscriber satisfaction.
- Develop product roadmap priorities in strong partnership with Subscription Marketing team.
- Manage & own the Subscription product stack; both internal and partner systems.
- Close collaboration with Development and Project Management teams to properly develop and clarify requirements, backlog orientation, prioritization and sequencing.
- Direct management of a team of Product Managers; matrix management of Developers, Project Managers and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Deeply understand business needs and opportunities that align with growth objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate key metrics for ongoing testing and optimization.
- Synthesize test results to provide actionable insights enhancing subscriber user experience.
- Own salient KPIs and metrics and lead investigations when growth related metrics slow.
- Be the authority on the evolving market and competitive landscape.
- Identify and flag risks early, working proactively to remove blockers for the team.
- Identify and oversee in-house and vendor opportunities supporting best-in-class payment processing.
- 6+ years’ experience in product or program management.
- Domain knowledge of either subscriptions, e-commerce, marketplaces, or payments.
- Demonstrated history of customer obsession, purposeful innovation, and solving big problems.
- Demonstrated mastery of multi-channel optimization and ROI.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Ability to use data driven insights to tell a coherent, persuasive, multi-dimensional story.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people effectively, leading high quality, fast paced projects.
- Ability to translate non-technical business objectives into technical requirements.
- Self-motivated, independent worker with big-picture vision and a passion for growth.
- High-energy, positive attitude.
- Competitive spirit and a drive to win.