Director, Product Management
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista's investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista's family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world's most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2018's top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesses even better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista's consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.
Vista Consulting Group is experiencing strong success, resulting in the growth of our Product & Technology team. This team works with our companies to implement and drive operational excellence by optimizing people, processes, tools and technology. The Product & Technology team is responsible for all aspects of the product management and software development lifecycles including product management, product marketing, UX/design, engineering, quality assurance, and release management.
The Program Director, Product Management will drive value creation within the Vista portfolio by combining industry-leading methodologies with Vista's proprietary and proven Vista Best Practices in the area of product management. It is intended to bring subject matter expertise in the product management area to portfolio company product management teams. This is a crucial position, with high visibility to senior management and C-Level Executives.
Location: Remote OK; relocation not required
Travel: Approximately 70%
The primary job duties and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Drive the implementation of product management best practices (people, process, tools, technology) across the portfolio
- Plan and execute company transformation, remediation, and optimization initiatives to ensure the consistent delivery of world-class products and services
- Assist with on-boarding new portfolio acquisitions into the portfolio by leading and collaborating with product management leaders in the companies
- Lead and support each company in the formulation and successful execution of its market understanding, product strategy, product pricing, roadmap execution, and launch plans
- Champion and breed a culture of process, design, and innovation with a focus on operational efficiency and business results
- Define, document and continuously improve product management best practices for achieving operational excellence across the Vista portfolio of companies
- Support networking opportunities between the portfolio companies to enhance best practice sharing
- Provide product management as well as enterprise software market expertise on an as-needed basis to the portfolio companies in areas such roadmap planning, software pricing, market positioning, and other related areas
- Leadership role in product management at a software company with increasing levels of responsibilities over the last 5-7 years
- Passion for product management and a track record which demonstrates previous hands-on experience and proven results in areas such as identifying new market opportunities, developing investment business cases, managing the product roadmap, defining requirements, collaborating with engineering, establishing and optimizing pricing models, and driving a cross-functional product launch process
- Demonstrated success leading PM organizations and working with geographically-dispersed teams
- Strong leadership presence with exceptional communication and change management skills
- Ability to assimilate disparate sources of information and adapt to evolving business requirements
- Ability to skillfully negotiate ambiguity and achieve superior results in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Self-motivated, detail and results-oriented with a track record of achieving and sustaining operational experience in a software company
- Thorough understanding of technology-enabled and data products across a variety of business delivery models (SaaS, On Premise, Hosted, Mobile)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science (or equivalent). MBA preferred.
- Experience with new product acquisition due diligence and integration is a plus.
- Management or Product Management Consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience operating in a private-equity or venture-backed software company is a plus