Director, Product Management
Browse the Aisles
The Director of Product Management role in Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) will function as a key leader in the Product organization and will be responsible for leading a team of Product managers and analysts through Product functions that span the spectrum from ideation-strategizing to execution-delivery and everything in between. This leader and his/her team will be responsible for achieving key business metrics by enhancing the customer experience on the web properties of Ahold Delhaize USA’s brands – Peapod, Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin’s, and Hannaford. This leader is responsible for maintaining robust inbound and outbound communications with colleagues, stakeholders, and leadership about all things to do with his/her product portfolio. This role will have a strong seat at the table of the think tank that shapes and delivers the future of Ahold Delhaize USA’s digital products.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Lead the development of the product vision, then drive a process to bring that vision to fruition
- Directly manage and mentor a team of Product managers and analysts
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product-line growth strategy
- Champion the needs of the customer and PDL/AD USA business goals throughout the execution of a project
- Must lead complex projects independently, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that recognize significant business value
- Drive cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development during the life cycle of product development
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Blend strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution
- Lead the prioritization of ecommerce features and understand the art of sequencing their delivery with an agile framework.
- Partner with IT on development, testing & implementation plans, as well as internal communications & deployment plans
- Collaborate with internal business partners to refine requirements and define enhancements, creating buy-in from other teams as necessary
- Vet scope, requirements, use case/user scenario, test case documents and design specifications, in partnership with UX, product managers, QA and design.
- Proactively identify issues and work with internal partners to understand options and execute solve
- Synthesize business requirements, identify areas of uncertainty, recommend solutions, gather buy-in from relevant stakeholders, roll solution out to team, shepherd feature through development and review code before rollout.
- Develop metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- 10+ years overall relevant experience
- 7+ years experience in product management
- 5+ years Digital experience
- 3+ years experience in direct personnel management
- Domain expertise in Digital-Retail preferred
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Data driven mindset and track record
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.