Director, Product Management
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series A funding round of $6M in 2018. Within the past year, the team has grown to 40+ full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent’s business continues to grow quickly and now includes relationships with ING, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Wells Fargo Accelerator and others. We have developed a proprietary AI and automation solution that allows us to deliver market leading regulatory knowledge to our customers at scale. It is our mission to make a difference in the world of regulations and compliance for our customers and help them focus on what matters most to their industry. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we will be solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
The Director, Product Management is responsible for the roadmap, vision, definition, design and delivery of Ascent SaaS platform and associated features and capabilities. You will also lead the development and delivery of the API product offering along with various other enhancements to our SaaS platform. You are an excellent, high-energy communicator who engages on a daily basis with nearly every function at Ascent — from sales and go to market to customer success, user experience, engineering and program management. By doing so, you will develop the roadmap, vision, functional specifications and delivery of features that satisfy the evolving business needs and requirements of our customers. Your objectives will be directly linked to business metrics such as revenue, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Lead the strategy and roadmap for Ascent’s core SaaS and API offering
- Drive the vision and requirements, translate them to functional specifications, facilitate a sound design and deliver a compelling user experience and leading product offering
- Own insights on the markets and segments in which these applications compete in order to stay abreast of industry trends and channels to anticipate customer needs. Leverage prior experience in the Government, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) technology, RegTech, and/or Financial Industry Regulatory Compliance function.
- Evaluate and prioritize requirements in partnership with the business, leveraging industry best practices and new innovations.
- Lead product discussions with the customers discovering detailed requirements and aspirations for regtech solutions in the global banks and financial enterprises
- Prioritize and manage the backlog for effective release and sprint planning. Engage regularly with the engineering team responsible for implementation and execution.
- Facilitate requirements definition across teams to decompose and document releases, epics, functional requirements to developer-ready user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work with cross functional team (engineering, customer success, GTM, marketing, etc.) to deliver the product meeting delivery and quality KPIs.
- Collaborate with marketing in development and execution of the product marketing strategy
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate has a strong blend of functional (Product Management) and domain (Regulatory Compliance) expertise:
- Extensive technology product management experience including product management tools and methodologies and agile delivery methods
- Deep SaaS product management experience having grown a product to significant revenue realization – B2B and B2B2C customer delivery experience
- Strong background in the following industries: GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance), Regtech, or Regulatory Compliance
- Experience working with enterprise software, incl APIs
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional groups
- Attention to detail and ability to facilitate cross functional team discussions/workshops
- Ability to transition across big picture strategy development and hands on execution management
- Strong sense of design and empathy for the users
- Self-driven, ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!