Director, Technical Product Management - Advanced TV/Video
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen marketing. Brands, agencies, and media owners rely on the 4C Insights Affinity Graph™ to identify their most valuable audiences and improve effectiveness across channels. With more than $1 billion in annualized media spend running through its software-as-a-service platform, 4C offers activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, and NBCUniversal as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social, and video. The company also provides paid, earned, and owned media analytics leveraging its Teletrax™ television monitoring network which detects over 400 million TV asset airings on an annual basis. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 16 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and the Philippines. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.
This individual will be responsible for defining and delivering on 4C’s converged video strategy and vision. In this position, you will be evaluating and integrating premium digital video inventory sources as well as digital video technology partners, defining product roadmaps, features, writing detailed use cases, product requirements, and functional specs; communicating with cross-functional teams, and driving implementation. Seeking someone who is:
- Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution.
- Self-starter, accountable and empowered.
- Collaborative work style.
- Detail oriented.
- Located in New York or Chicago
- Own the process of partner evaluation and technical integrations. Partner integrations include premium digital / TV Everywhere (TVE) / Connected TV inventory sources; Video Demand Side Platforms (DSP); Data Management Platforms (DMPs) etc.
- Own the process of gathering, documenting, and communicating product requirements effectively to cross-functional teams and facilitate feature, and product roadmap prioritization
- Partner with Design/UX team to provide input on product design to ensure it meets business and consumer needs
- Drive customer and internal stakeholder communications (including Sales, Marketing, Engineering & QA) as the product line interface
- Manage and complete tasks associated with the following by working with cross-functional teams:
- Requirements definition, review, prioritization, and implementation planning
- Gain customer and sales validation during planning
- Research on competitive analysis
- Feature/function roadmap: reviews across product line, collaborate with other senior cross-departmental team members to drive implementation
- Post-launch monitoring of product ROI and customer feedback: Track PBIs and prioritize course corrections for the product
- Others, as assigned.
- BS/BA in Engineering or Computer Science. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional experience with at least 5+ years of applied Product Management experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral.
- Experience working with DMPs, DSPs ideally in an ad tech or mar-tech company
- Strong understanding of digital video media standards, and ecosystem.
- Functional and technical understanding of programmatic and data-driven video advertising technology solutions. Understanding of TV advertising ecosystem and workflow and key players is a big plus.
- Experience with TV and Online viewership datasets (panel based, STB, SmartTVs) and BI tools such as Tableau is a plus.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment. Ease with ambiguity is necessary.
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic international environment. At 4C you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our open and informal culture. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Unlimited Vacation and Maternity and Paternity Leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.