Director/Group Director, Digital Strategy at Rightpoint
The Director/Group Director, Digital Strategy, will take the lead in establishing and expanding the Strategy Practice across all Rightpoint offices. You will play an instrumental support role to our BD and Account Management Teams and provide credentialed thought leadership while guiding, delivering and pitching the work. The Director/Group Director of Strategy is a member of the National Business Design Practice and a key member of the Experience Leadership Team - tasked with advancing the following areas:
- Digital Transformation:Enable clients to think and operate differently across omni-channel, commerce, digital experience, brand development, data/technology, analytics insights, research, human/culture, capital and change management considerations.
- Domain Knowledge & Thought Leadership: You will work with C-suite executives to problem-solve on their key issues and provide actionable recommendations leveraging your technology know-how and business sense. You will apply standard consulting frameworks and methodologies and teach others to leverage those consulting techniques and application of tools in the proper context.
- Innovation in Digital Strategy:Build an agency perspective of how the digital strategy landscape will evolve based on new trends and emerging tech (i.e. how does machine learning and artificial intelligence impact Commerce? etc.)
- Practice Growth & Development: Support Experience and Geo Leadership, account managers and the business development team in presenting our strategic capabilities to vetted prospects and clients.
The immediate focus will be on delivering Digital Strategy engagements, while grooming and developing a team of emerging strategists.
Your role will be to help drive the commercial success and client adoption of this exciting new portfolio of offerings. This is a highly client-facing role requiring multifaceted capabilities that span across pre-defined services. Your primary responsibility will be to work in conjunction with Rightpoint Leadership to develop a growth-focused roadmap looking at immediate and near-term options while building the digital strategy capability of the entire organization across strategic geos and brands. We are leading the digital business transformation of our clients and moving digital strategy deeper into the everyday working of the team, which is essential for our overall growth strategy.
Additionally, we're looking for the following in the role:
- Relevant digital agency/consultancy experience
- A mastery of Digital Strategy and how it supports all phases of our client's go-to market strategy
- Experience of design thinking methodology, as well as how that applies to improving any aspect of CX
- The ability to manage multiple complex projects in a fast-paced, intense, supportive culture and environment
Team and Practice (varies per office)
- Build Strategy/Experience Culture in the broader geo and professional community
- Serve as a local representative of National Practice Leadership, supporting Teams across geos
- Provide ongoing education and insight into strategic opportunities, initiatives and their role in the overall mix - from process efficiency and creative alignment to advanced segmentation and omnichannel thinking
- Experience and ability to lead, mentor and grow teams and individual skills across all disciplines through 1:1 interaction, facilitated group sessions and field observation
- Serve as a 2-way conduit for professional communication of key National Practice initiatives and local market needs
Operations and People
- Advanced ability to coach and develop team members (this role is not focused solely on delivering work); This role needs to help launch initiatives, give direction and know what to do, so candidates should be able to not only extrapolate the opportunities/insights from the engagement and turn those into actionable plans – but can teach others to do so as well.
- Learn team member strengths and development opportunities and provide staffing recommendations during weekly local staffing meetings
- Support creation of job descriptions and the hiring plan for critical approved hires
- Support building a pool of local contractors/talent
- Ability to lead projects and teams, while at the same time being excited to also roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in the work (we are a very hands-on company at all levels)
- Collaborate closely with Analytics, Research, Content and Creative to build rich, meaningful relationships across all our practices to help support the vision
- Excellent track record and evidence of implementation success on a complex, massive, global scale
- Visit our clients and prospects, presenting our capabilities, securing new projects and writing compelling proposals
- Evangelize our service internally and externally and become an expert in the capabilities we can offer
- Partner closely with Regional leadership to determine what pursuits are appropriate for the Business Design team to respond to AND how to respond (i.e. level of effort)
Key Performance Indicators
- A genuine team player that believes and executes a servant-leader philosophy and day-to-day work style
- Ensures clients are delighted with work – we strive for 100% referenceable customers and believe that each engagement is an opportunity to build long-standing relationships and partners
- Build and scale a world-class strategy execution team that complements our broader portfolio of offerings, skillsets and functions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and will be a self-starter who thrives on being able to create and convert genuine opportunities from complexity
- Strong knowledge of running an effective digital strategy practice and the core consulting frameworks, services, analytics, contributing factors, performance indicators and problem-solving methodologies
- Experience of the following would be desirable: an understanding of the principles of Experience Design, storytelling as it relates to digital strategy, the role of data in consulting effectiveness and experience working with design, content and/or technology teams
- Portfolio transformation - The ability to work with Account Teams to identify and convert unrealized opportunities and right-size current engagements
- The energy and passion to evangelize our service internally and externally
- Experience of having managed others
- Experience: 8 to 10+ years of experience required; (Commerce and/or Consumer Packaged Goods experience is a benefit but not a requirement)
Who We are:
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, BuiltIn Chicago, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.