Enterprise Architect I Sales & Service Portfolio
As an Enterprise Architect at Grainger you connect the dots, make complex ideas easy to understand and help many different people understand the big picture, this is what Enterprise Architects do on a daily basis. We work with Business partners and portfolio managers to understand their needs and how those needs fit into the big picture of Applications, Technology, and Data. We focus on change, look for inflection points and describe how our architecture will change over time to support Grainger.
This position partners with Business Technology Planning, Solution engineering, and our Business partners supporting the Sales and Services Portfolio. Sales and Services Portfolio includes the integration of key customers onto Grainger's advanced technologies, which include eProcurement, Benefits Management, and KeepStock Inventory Management solutions. The Sales and Services Portfolio also provides Grainger Sales team members the ability to manage their accounts using platforms like Salesforce.com efficiently and to provide valuable insights to Grainger customers. Lastly, the Sales and Services Portfolio supports customers' needs through technology solutions that include, but are not limited to, strategic pricing, quoting, and sourcing capabilities.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) creates and uses road maps, principles, standards and best practices to provide guidance and govern the overall enterprise suite of technologies and the related investments. They enable business and IT leaders to make decisions that balance and prioritize current demands with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization. The EA is responsible for continually maturing and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of EA, defining the long-term capability and life cycle road maps, articulating future state conceptual architectures and ensuring IT Delivery of business value.
- Technology Strategy: Assists in the development of the technology strategy
- Technology Standards: Assists in the development of technology standards
- Capability Roadmaps: Analyzes business needs and defines capability roadmaps and capability scorecards
- Lifecycle Roadmaps: Defines the lifecycle roadmaps for a specific set of technologies within the portfolio, to include upgrades, migrations and decommissioning
- Architecture: Defines the conceptual architecture
- Architecture Review Board: Brings forward conceptual architectures for review and validation. Assists Solution Architects in preparing for ARBs.
- Design Review: Conducts design reviews
- Research: Conducts industry research and provides technical thought leadership
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- 0-3 yrs Enterprise Architecture experience
- 1-3 yrs experience as a Solution, Domain or Applications Architect
- 12+ yrs Information Technology industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA a plus
- Experience in one or more IT disciplines
- Foundational modeling capabilities using UML or Archimate or similar modeling language.
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities
- Experience with one or more architectural methodologies Like TOGAF