Equipment Maintenance Technicians at Hyzon Motors
Equipment Maintenance Technicians
A global clean-energy truck start-up company, opening a site in the Greater Chicago Area, is currently seeking equipment maintenance technicians to take our business to the next level!
The role is in a fast-paced environment, performing maintenance on cutting edge robotic equipment that produces Hyzon’s Fuel cell related components. Needs both technical “hands on” ability and troubleshooting skills.
Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Display a positive attitude and practice strong work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy and goals of Hyzon Motors.
- Maintain manufacturing production equipment to optimal working order.
- Perform all scheduled preventative maintenance activities and assist in creation and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Troubleshoot root cause of equipment faults and substandard performance in a cost-effective manner. This includes but not limited to: PLC programming, electro/mechanical systems, components, electronic sensors and switches.
- Respond quickly to resolve unanticipated equipment problems.
- Work with Equipment Engineering and Production to optimize equipment performance and related continuous improvement activities.
- Participate and lead equipment escalations, installations and/or upgrades. Interface effectively with vendors and their field service engineer’s onsite or via telephone support.
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
- Drive other projects as needed by management or as business needs change.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required. Skilled Trades Cert and or relevant military experience preferred. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology Program is a plus.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience with interpreting schematics, troubleshooting/repairing electro-mechanical systems and components, hydraulic and pneumatic components, vision systems and AC motor controls.
- Working knowledge of sensors, switches, robotics, and conveyance systems or comparable military systems.
- Experience and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated safe work practices, able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Exhibit effective written and verbal communication required.
Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays and Sick Days.
- Healthcare, dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- 401K plan to help you save for retirement.
- The company is a global leader of clean Energy trucks, and buses. We believe the world is propelled forward by clean energy, new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
- Hyzon Motors is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.