Group Product Manager - Payments at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: CF Product Management (27184)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Group Product Manager role at Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) will function as a key leader in the Product organization and will have 360 ownership of a portfolio of products within the ‘Payments’ domain. The portfolio spans across customer facing capabilities, and backend payment gateway, processing, billing, fraud and collections realm. This will include many crucial capabilities such as the numerous payment methods currently supported like credit, debit, bank account, giftcards, and recently launched EBT. Additionally, leading roadmap for future capabilities such as ApplePay, Paypal etc., along with payment and fraud modernization ambitions as well. This role will also be responsible for closer alignment on roadmap and budgeting with the Finance department within our sister organization – Retail Business Services (RBS).
This leader will be responsible for achieving payment portfolio business metrics - by enhancing the customer experience on the digital properties of Ahold Delhaize USA’s brands –Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company (Giant and Martin’s stores), and Hannaford. This leader will maintain robust inbound and outbound communications with colleagues, stakeholders (internal and external), and leadership about all things to do with their product portfolio.
Reporting directly to a Senior Product Leader and skip level to the SVP/Head of Product, this role is ideal for someone looking to step into a broader, more strategic view of product management, with a meaningful connection to a large, complex retail organization.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Establish a shared strategic product vision across multiple scrum teams, then drive a process to bring that vision to fruition
- Lead and mentor product managers and analysts, across PDL and RBS, to oversee the cross functional portfolio development and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and support the product growth strategy
- Create and nurture relationships across a complex retail organization, to help deliver experiences and drive outcomes in an omni-channel retail environment
- Partner directly with analytics and user research teams, to foster a culture of data-driven decision-making across product teams
- Champion the needs of the customer and PDL/AD USA business goals, throughout the execution of a project
- Must lead large complex programs independently, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that recognize significant business value
- Drive cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development during the life cycle of product development
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Blend strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution
- Lead the prioritization of ecommerce features with the portfolio, and understand the art of sequencing their delivery with an agile framework.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders within PDL, RBS, brands, to align on scope, MVP and phased approach, timelines etc.
- Partner with IT on architecture, design, development, testing & implementation plans, as well as internal communications & deployment plans
- Build relationships with external payment ecosystem players (processors such as Chase/Fiserv, payment networks, digital giants such as Apple/Paypal/Google etc) , to help deliver experiences and drive outcomes in an omni-channel retail environment
- Lead product discovery efforts starting with market/user research, vision, scope and approach definition, solution options considerations including build vs buy options, vendor evaluations etc.
- Vet scope, requirements, use case/user scenario, test case documents and design specifications, in partnership with product, UX, QA and design.
- Proactively identify product or process gaps, and take initiative in working with internal partners to problem solve
- Guide product managers in synthesizing business requirements, identify areas of uncertainty, recommend solutions, gather buy-in from relevant stakeholders, roll solution out to team, shepherd feature through development and review code before rollout.
- Develop metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Act as an ambassador for the product portfolio
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 8+ years overall relevant experience
- 4+ years Digital experience
- 5+ years in Product management
- 4+ years working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables
- 1+ years directly managing product teams
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Preferred)
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- Experience in retail/grocery/eCommerce, especially in Cart, Checkout, Account and Customer care areas is highly desirable
- Track record of successful owning requirements for delivery of multiple large scale, cross functional software development projects.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple teams and projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Customer-first, Data-driven mindset and track record
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 215887_external_USA-IL-Chicago