IT ANALYST – PRODUCT INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (PIM)- CHICAGO/FLEX
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Product Information Management IT Analyst will have functional and technical responsibility for the architecture, design, development, deployment and support of Ulta’s Item Master Data systems. The IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, vendors and cross functional teams on functional enhancements and application support. This person will provide direction to other members of the team (including onshore and offshore consultants) to ensure successful deployment of projects along with leading the knowledge transfer and hyper-care activities to ensure smooth transition of projects into support. The IT Analyst will lead the support team to ensure operational stability of the in-scope functionality/application. This person will work closely with key stakeholders and will maintain high quality standards while operating in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Support: Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to Ulta’s Item Master Data system.
- Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes; evaluates alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Develops business requirements for the implementation of changes in business functions and processes.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Problem Management: Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s). Leads the development of problem solutions. Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Evaluates patterns and trends.
- Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the designs, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
- Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Requirements Definition: Leads scoping and business priority setting for change initiatives. Evaluates and selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Service Level Management: Creates defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- Frequent contact and interaction with business partners.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Strong analytical abilities to help solve critical issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to interact frequently with cross-functional IT groups.
- Responsible for application support. May include off-hours.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple enterprise projects at one time.
- Must be effective in independently managing time in order to meet the obligations around the application support scope.
- Lead Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis once operation is up and running
- Provide guidance to support consultants by delivering Level-3 support
- Assist senior management in managing relationship with product vendors
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise IT support experience preferably in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Practical experience using JIRA and Confluence to manage the respective cycles of a project is desirable
- 3+ years of experience in C#.NET development is desirable
- Knowledge of SAP function modules a plus.
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Ability to work effectively in an onshore / offshore model
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
- Experience with SQL Server is a plus . Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures