Lead Product Manager, Platforms
Groupon is building the daily habit in local commerce, offering a vast mobile and online marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy. By enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events, shoppers can find the best a city has to offer. Groupon is redefining how small businesses attract and retain customers by providing them with customizable and scalable marketing tools and services to profitably grow their businesses.
We are looking for a product leader to lead the Platform strategy. The mission of the Platform team is broad and includes all aspects of Software Development tools, Microservice monitoring products, and Production Infrastructure. As a Product leader of this team, you’ll drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap execution.
This is an opportunity to drive a major engineering initiative, influence Groupon level KPIs, and work with a rockstar engineering team. The challenge is to provide our engineering teams a solid underpinning of tools, standards, and practices in the areas of Monitoring, Performance Engineering, Distributed Tracing, Metrics, and Analytics.
Responsible for leading cross-team decision making and execution of complex planning, design, and development for feature areas with significant business impact and with deliverables across multiple engineering teams and business functions.
- Define roadmap for Groupon’s Platform products. Platforms include but are not limited to –
- Metrics and Analytics Platforms
- Monitoring and Notification Platforms
- Service Portal
- CI/CD Infrastructure
- Software Development and Testing Tools
- Public Cloud migrations
- Drive planning and requirements for features in our platforms
- Work with the development and production operations teams to prioritize and define features
- Communicate feature benefits to stakeholders, and drive adoption
- 10+ years of software industry experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management of Platforms, working with internal/external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience). An MBA will be a plus.
- Experience in developing business cases with ROI analysis
- Must be able to collaborate and interact across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodologies is required
- Technical leadership or Product Management experience in end to end self-service proactive OSS solutions with specific focus around Metrics, Analytics, and Monitoring systems
- Experience driving operational excellence and engineering best practices for large scale distributed systems will be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience with current DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging such as Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Chef, SALT, Puppet, ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics etc.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.