Manager, Procurement Enablement
Manager, Procurement Enablement
The Procurement Enablement Manager is responsible for leading the portfolio review process, as well as, additional cost saving initiatives in order to deliver the best assortment at the best cost. This position partners cross-functionally to ensure portfolio reviews are executed and implemented in a timely manner across the business.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deploy line review processes and cost analysis tools to ensure consistency.
- Serve as the cross functional consultant for portfolio reviews and other cost savings initiatives.
- Design negotiation strategies that support the lowest total cost of procurement, including product cost, performance metrics, rebates, payment terms etc.
- Ensure purchasing strategy supports total cost optimization objectives.
- Coordinate with Financial business partners to build and maintain the necessary tools to effectively model total cost.
- Design and execute a customer relevant sourcing strategy that maximizes gross profit dollars while driving top-line sales growth.
- Lead planning, review, and implementation strategy to ensure portfolio optimization recommendation is executed consistently across the business.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure that extensive customer research and brand segment initiatives are incorporated into the sourcing strategy.
- Partner with Global Supply Chain and Finance to ensure sourcing strategy supports total cost optimization objectives.
- Evaluate the financial performance of each procurement review to identify opportunities to improve portfolio profitability.
- Deploy and drive execution of supplier communication strategy for portfolio reviews.
- Support the optimization of contractual agreements between Grainger and its Suppliers to minimize Grainger’s risk and align to negotiated agreements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, or equivalent related experience.
- Requires minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in Purchasing, Product Management, Manufacturing, Distribution or Consulting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ThinkCell, Advanced Sourcing Optimizer (ASO) Purchasing Software), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, etc.)
- Proven ability to lead and execute business decisions across an organization.
- Possesses demonstrated working knowledge of business strategies including customer requirements, catalog merchandising, Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies, and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in partnering with cross functional key stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrated experience in driving results through the negotiation process such as contract negotiation and supplier performance.
- Proven project management, financial analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to find creative solutions to problems, ability to effectively collaborate with team members.
- Self-directed, flexible and able to work independently.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Has proven relationship building skills and conflict management skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of external factors that impact the business, industry, product strategy, and pricing.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching and mentoring team members to drive project initiatives.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.