Manager, Product Intelligence Support at SPINS LLC
Who we are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
SPINS is adding to the Product Intelligence Team. The Manager, Product Intelligence Support is a key part of the SPINS Product Intelligence team and will have the opportunity to shape health & wellness solutions through the research and development of wellness-focused attributes to add to the world-class Product Intelligence library that fuel SPINS products and programs.
What You Will Do
The Manager, Product Intelligence Support role is to ensure customers receive outstanding support and all their inquiries are addressed and are tracked from the incoming step to the resolution and close step. The Manager is the primary point of contact for resolving inquiries and guiding customers on coding discrepancies, attribute definitions and applications. This role oversees the customer support department day-to-day functions and manages the JIRA ticketing system to ensure inquiries are addressed in a timely manner. This includes interacting on a daily basis with the Product Intelligence (PI) development and coding teams, Customer Success, Sales, and Customers to manage issues and train on the PI attribute catalog. The manager also looks to continually improve the the PI complaints process, including issue tracking, resolution, escalation, KPIs, and proactive communication.
Additionally, the Manager supports users of PI attributes through the development of customer support and training documents. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and listening skills, a customer-centric mentality, a sense of urgency, excellent mediation skills, natural curiosity, and the ability to succinctly educate others on complex data and applications. Ability to work in a fast-paced client- and data-driven environment will be critical for success.
PI Support Managerial Functions
- Serve as the primary point of contact for PI attribute data inquiry and issue escalations, proactively anticipating customer needs and clearly communicating in formal or informal presentations
- Report KPIs to support measuring PI customer satisfaction and performance of PI customer support, including number/ratio of issues, resolution metrics, issue escalation, etc.
- Collaborate with PI management and internal SPINS teams to develop support materials and present on PI attribute catalog initiatives and changes
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the PI support staff who handle customer inquiries
- Establish written training protocols, policies and procedures for staff to ensure excellent and consistent support
- Mentor and train direct reports, providing feedback while supporting change management, learning and skill development through collaborative projects
- Manage PI Customer product submission processes
- Facilitate product attribute updates and issue escalation necessitated from PI Customer tickets
- Establish team goals and KPIs
Customer Inquiry & Management Process
- Manage the customer inquiry management system (JIRA)
- Implement enhancements to the JIRA inquiry process to adapt with changing attribute catalog, program updates and other initiatives
- Perform root cause analysis and manage PI Support dashboard to identify common and systemic issues affecting customers
Customer Interactions and Training
- Develop PI attribute catalog training and support materials for internal and external customers
- Meet with internal and external customers to address inquiries and/or train on the PI attribute catalog
- Support the voice-of-customer survey program and annual restatement process
- Build strong relationships with our internal customers to ensure they feel empowered to use PI products independently and are experiencing the value our product can offer
- Represent customer needs and facilitate customer-centric approach for collective PI objectives such as high impact attribute changes, enhanced attribute offerings, improved coverage, etc.
- Explore, participate in, and support ad hoc data and other business initiatives as needed
- Handle competing priorities and heavy project workloads; manage difficult feedback
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working in a call center or customer support/service department
- Experience handling customer calls and effective, efficient managing of customer tickets
- Competence in business intelligence and CRM tools such as Salesforce or internal customer databases
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and manage competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to engage, lead, influence and communicate across departments and management levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to present in a variety of settings
- Strength in resolving conflicts, negotiating for optimal outcomes
- Strong ability to analyze raw volumes of data to perform root cause analysis or draw other insights
- Experience in food, CPG or retail environment
- Advanced capabilities with Power BI, SQL, or other similar applications
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.