Mobile Security Analyst
Mobile Security Analyst
NowSecure offers a platform that protects users, devices, apps, and enterprises. We are proud to have 100+ customers that include some of the largest banks and corporations across industries such as finance, defense and healthcare.
We were founded with a mobile focus and strong DNA in forensics and enterprise security. Our dedication to mobile enables us to channel our resources and expertise to make our customers successful. Members of our team are deeply technical. We have authored five books on mobile security for Android and iOS and are very proud of our open source contributions and projects including Frida and Radare. Our engineers and researchers believe in creating conversations and supporting the community.
* Looking for candidates in either Washington D.C. or Chicago, IL locations.
Who you are:
Do you get curious about the security of all things mobile? Are you the tenacious sort who will stay up late at night researching the latest in mobile exploits or finding new ways to break into apps? Are you motivated by providing direct customer feedback through client meetings? Do you want to be an influencer by having an opportunity to contribute to our research in mobile security and present at conferences such as DefCon, Black Hat, and RSAC?
- Understand the specific security and vulnerability details related to mobile apps, devices and operating systems
- Be familiar with industry security and regulatory compliance standards as they relate to mobile, such as OWASP, CWE’s, CVSS, NIAP, and GDPR.
- Utilize forensics, hacking, and pen testing techniques to target mobile apps and test their security
- Examine transmitted and stored data for personally identifiable information (PII) and/or mobile application artifacts
- Present specific findings on the data risk profile of applications when in actual use
- Communicate about security with both end users and technical audiences
- Identify key strategies for remediation of vulnerabilities
- Create technically sound and actionable reports for customers
- Continuously monitor the state of the mobile security industry with an eye towards innovation
- Work with our R&D team to assure continuous upgrades to existing offerings and the development of new cutting edge mobile security solutions
- Work in an agile and expedited project structure
Experience we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in penetration testing, IT security/auditing, mobile forensics, reverse engineering, or related fields
- Experience with Linux, command line, configuration and scripting is a plus
- Must demonstrate a strong fundamental understanding of security.
- Experience with reverse engineering mobile apps a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Applicable Certifications include: CISSP, OSCP, CHFI, CEH, GPEN, GWAPT
- Strong communication skills and a high level of professionalism
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and with a team
What we offer:
Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Company paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
401k plan with Company match