Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
OnDemand Product Manager
OnDemand is Duck Creek’s cloud-based, SaaS delivery solution for all Duck Creek applications. The OnDemand Product Manager is responsible for optimizing the SaaS delivery of those business-line applications. She does this by creating and enhancing products, tools and integrations that optimize the experience of our customers’ configurators, developers, release management and IT operations teams.
The OnDemand Product Manager should be passionate about the user experience for developers and IT Operations personas, and should be familiar with topics such as Software Development Lifecyle, Release Management, API developer portals, application performance monitoring and Business Intelligence and Reporting. The OnDemand Product Manager will work with team leadership to define scope, priorities and roadmap for updating existing products and delivering new products. The role works closely with product management and product engineering across the Duck Creek suite, as well as Customers and implementation partners.
- Responsible for researching and understanding customer needs and market demand, and using this to define and prioritize product requirements into a product roadmap
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales Operations to develop go-to-market artifacts such as marketing collateral, sales training and pricing models
- Serves as a product subject matter expert in the development of training and documentation
- Serves as the product advocate and subject matter expert to promote and explain the product to customers, partners, and other Duck Creek teams
- Frequently communicates and interacts with peers, equivalent level leaders and senior leaders on cross-functional matters
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in a technology, engineering or computer related field.
- 6-10 years of related professional experience, at least 2 years in a product management role
- And/or master’s degree plus minimum of 6 year’s related professional experience.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Understanding and experience with SaaS delivered solutions, including pricing models
- Deep understanding SDLC and DevOps, and typical tools used in those processes
- Understanding of modern API technology, including developer portals
- Understanding and experience with BI and Reporting technology
- Product Management proficiency, including Pragmatic Marketing training
- A passion for user experience
- Understanding of P&C insurance company workflows and processes helpful but not required