Platform & Data Product Manager at Rewards Network
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Rewards Network (RN) is seeking a Platform & Data Product Manager to join our team of fun, engaged, smart, fast-moving individuals dedicated to building great products for our business, partners, restaurants, and consumers. This essential role will help drive the roadmap and execution of our new backend technology platform, data integrations, and data science use cases. As a member of the team, you will leverage your knowledge of RNs software products and relationships with key internal business stakeholders to determine business needs, articulate them into business outcomes/scenarios, and deliver thorough and clear requirements to developers in order to deliver high-quality software and products.
What are the essential duties for a Product Manager at Rewards Network?
- Use strategic and qualitative thinking to suggest and inform decisions about key product development directives, be able to think about the forest and the trees as well as the branches and the leaves
- Prioritize development stories based on business value both independently and with the guidance of leadership as well as be able to articulate the value (not just what we want to do but why we want to do it)
- Build, grow, and manage a complex suite of back-end applications that serve complex business processes
- Take products/features from concept and break it down into smaller & simple to understand project pieces
- As required, map out business processes / workflows, identify improvement opportunities, and define scope for supporting technology
- Collaborate with product and technology leadership, development teams, and key business stakeholders to elicit, identify, write, and review user stories and business requirements
- Work with data engineering and data science teams to build roadmaps that strategically incorporates data to drive incremental value into the company’s products and services
- Regularly create easy to interpret Product Roadmaps to review with senior level management – able to clearly identify dependencies and risks to plan
- Partner with other Product Managers and Internal Stakeholders to help build and execute go-to-market plans for new products and features using the underlying backend platform and data systems – be the spider-in-the-web to ensure that all the different stakeholders deliver what is needed
- Attend brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders while working through conflicting needs to reach agreement and consensus.
- Fully participate in Agile development process from end to end including release announcements and executing on go-to-market activities while development stories are near completion
What are you looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Software Engineering, IT, or Computer Science, is preferred but not required
- Possess strong critical thinking skills
- Experience in software product development and across multiple products and multiple development teams in an Agile environment
- Experience working with data and data teams to identify strategic opportunities to use data in a variety of different ways to increase value to our members and clients
- Experience working with a business function to map out processes / workflows and define ways to improve them with the use of technology
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive development requirements and acceptance criteria
- Enough technical acumen to be able to understand the underlying technologies and data structure at a high-level and be able to articulate that across the organization in easy-to-understand terms
- Being able to partner other teams to build and execute go-to-market plans which will include tracking deliverables
- A demonstrated track record of taking products from inception to launch is essential
- Ability to develop a strong knowledge base of products and be able to deal with high levels of complexity
- Firm understanding of business stakeholder demands and needs at all levels, including senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and with a high level of service orientation
- Being able to fully grasp the concept of delivering a minimum viable product, how to determine it, and why it is important
- Great interpersonal, communication skills, methodical organization, creative and critical thinking, analytical mindset, direct & diplomatic communication style
What are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like Rewards Network?
- Authority to be an influential figure and see your ideas come to fruition and have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line
- Ability to impact key business decisions using data driven solutions
- A highly collaborative and fun team culture driven to solve challenging business needs
- A passionate and competitive ping-pong group
- Generous dining reimbursement when you feast with our restaurant partners
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description