Product Analyst at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Product Analyst?
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst / Product Analyst to help super-charge our product team at Clearcover. We need talented analysts who are infinitely curious about data and uses that passion to find insights that no one else can see. Can you take a high-level question and turn it into actionable insights? Then we need you to help our Product Management team make data-driven UX and Roadmap decisions that delight our customers.
To be successful in this role you will need to have amazing SQL skills, experience creating visualization of complex data sets, and have demonstrated an ability to be a self-starter who thrives on having an understanding of a reporting need and won’t stop until you’ve analyzed every last angle.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What will you do?
- Ad hoc analysis and reports on user behavior, e-commerce, financial, operations, and other data sources.
- Develop reporting on results of A/B and multivariate tests.
- Become a SME in all things data
- Analyze existing and new datasets from internal and external sources to provide useful and productive insight to Product Managers
- Build insightful data visualizations and dashboards using our BI platform
What do you need?
- 4-6 years direct experience in data discovery, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience interacting and collaborating with developers, product managers/owners and data engineers.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational database structures, ideally PostgreSQL.
- Ability to explore and query large data sets
- Familiarity with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Periscope, or similar products.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, and either Python or R would be ideal.
- Experience in Data Science / working on Data Science backed products is a huge plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, manage competing priorities, and be an independent problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate discussions
- High levels of energy, integrity, and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
- Must possess current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social