Product Designer - Chicago or US-Remote
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
LogicGate is looking for a Product Designer that is excited to play a key role in building a robust platform that helps organizations operationalize and automate their risk management and compliance programs. You will be joining the Product Team, reporting directly to the Director of Product Design and working alongside other Designers, PMs, and Engineers as a key contributor to our platform.
We are looking for someone that has cross–functional collaboration built into their DNA. A person that knows partnering with all business units and functions is essential to generating the best work and product experience. Someone that believes user feedback is a core tenet of product design. Someone who is humble, but confident enough to lead an initiative from discovery to launch.
The ideal candidate is someone that gets excited by the prospect of solving new and difficult challenges. You are a strong communicator and creative problem-solver that loves to iterate, move quickly, and try new approaches to meet your user's needs. You take pride in your craft and enjoy contributing. You are able to focus on the greater goal, but also pay attention to the details of your work. You thrive in an open, collaborative environment, relying on your teammates for help, in addition to cross-functional and external feedback. It's important to have conviction in your work, but you value feedback from your team and internal partners.
You will not only have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the platform, but also in building the design function and work culture at LogicGate.
What you’d achieve:
- Synthesize different inputs of quantitative and qualitative data to inform solutions also balanced with the needs of the business.
- Guiding features and initiatives you are responsible for from kick-off to launch, defining what should be built, why, and how.
- Being a voice and domain expert for best practices around user experience (information hierarchy, interactions, and visual design).
- Advocate for all users, both internal and external.
- Defining and refining solutions through a variety of methods: user flows, wireframes, high–fidelity mock–ups, prototypes (as needed).
- Being responsible for providing Engineers with any assets or resources needed during development, UAT, and launch.
The value you’d bring:
- Strong communication skills. You should be comfortable articulating your thoughts, opinions, and decisions around your work and how we work together.
- Have led or been a key Designer on a squad.
- Have worked on products or product lines that serve a mix of external user types and internal users.
- Good experience designing interfaces for complex systems and digital products.
- Comfortable taking direction and considerations from fellow Designers and others cross-functionally.
- High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Effective in a self–motivated environment to proactively ask or gather the information you need to complete your work efficiently.
- Very competent in Sketch and/or Figma as a design tool.
- Very competent with at least one or more of these tools for prototyping: Axure, Figma, Proto, or Marvel.
- Some experience running design-focused exercises and studies such as: usability studies, preference tests, tree tests, or card sorts.
- Some experience or understanding of design systems.
- A minimum of 2 years experience designing usable experiences. Consumer-focused products are a nice-to-have, but past experience working on a complex or technical B2B product is essential. You preferably have been in-house at a high-growth startup, or on a squad with a single product or individual product line at a larger company.
- An online portfolio or case studies demonstrating your involvement crafting great user–centered design solutions from discovery to launch is required for consideration. Please, no Dribbble-only portfolios.
What we have to offer:
- Time Off
- 18 Days PTO + 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- 6 Health days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Zestful debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker)
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We secured $24.75M in Series B Financing in December 2019 to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020
Oh, and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. You’ll have the chance to participate in things like company-led charity involvement, monthly employee events, and regular Friday happy hours—plus a lot more.
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!