Product Lead - Air at Hopper
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:19 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The Hopper Air Supply team is responsible for securing the best fares and other products from airlines so Hopper can expose them to our users. We are seeking a product management superstar to oversee product innovation and development for all of Hopper’s airline supply acquisition tools.
The Lead will manage a team of Product Managers who work across commercial, engineering, data science, and user experience teams within Hopper and partner closely with Hopper’s tech partners such as GDSs. On any given day - whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying solutions, or shepherding features through development - your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
The Lead must be a scrappy, creative, hands-on “doer” who can find innovative ways to build up our Air products and create a unique, differentiated experience for our users that no travel technology has been able to do before - are you up for the challenge?
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with several technology partners via whom we source airfares, airline ancillaries, and other related items
- Partner with Hopper data scientists to gain a deep understanding of Hopper’s supply competitiveness and the impact of product initiatives to our bottom line
- Align with other business leaders to help shape, prioritize, and drive business cases for product features
- Ideate and evaluate features that further differentiate Hopper to both our airline partners and users
- Accelerate Hopper’s international growth by enabling key features demanded by the global travel marketplace
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering
- Advocate Hopper’s brand message to the trade as a speaker or panelist at various travel industry forums
- Recruit, train, and lead product management staff
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assess market competition by identifying relevant points of comparison and fairly assessing Hopper’s products vs others
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term revenue forecasts and product performance reports
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- At least 5 years working in a product management role with an online consumer brand
- A demonstrated track record of delivering innovative product features at scale
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Highly proficient analytical abilities to draw accurate conclusions from data and adjust strategy accordingly
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products
- Strong ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- A track record of evaluating product initiatives via both qualitative logic and quantitative assessment
- Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
Read Full Job Description