Product Manager (B2C) at Yello
About The Role
The right Product Manager has a solid, well-developed understanding of B2C product definition, go-to-market and product lifecycle management. Our Product Management team works within an Agile environment at a rapidly-growing company. We need deep, former professional experience as such. This person will also possess a sense of how to be a cross-functional steward and partner with all other functions within the business (Leadership, Engineering, Marketing, Sales/Account Management, Finance, etc.) and be well versed in all aspects of Product Management, from ideation/strategy through concept and development.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with little direction to help the team build a new products, managing the entire product development life cycle from discovery to execution to iteration
- Work closely within an agile team, helping prioritize and deliver on key features
- Gets to the heart of requirements, translating them into a prioritized roadmap and backlog directly aligned with the greater product vision and strategy, to which they’re helping define daily
- Falls in love with a good problem and continually seeks a better understanding of consumer needs, and desires through research, analysis, testing, and the alike
- Thrives within ambiguity, helping lead a product team of Product Designers, Engineers, and other stakeholders make decisions, identify trade-offs and risks, and deliver results based on outcomes and KPIs
- Help define and communicate the product roadmap
- Lead story writing, story prioritization, and backlog management for key products
- Develop and iterate on concepts for web, mobile, and tablet design experiences in a fast-paced team environment
- Own and deliver against key business metrics, analyze user behavior and trends, promote adoption, and provide business updates to leadership
What We're Looking For
- B2C Product experience with a strong technical background and track record of completing top quality deliverables under tight deadlines
- Prior experience working at a software company and bringing a completely new product to market is preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team to drive results based on individual experience
- Proven ability to identify, capture and design business processes while analyzing problems and recommending solutions
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, business communication and writing skills
- Experience with facilitation and requirements solicitation
- Ability to work with technical resources and non-technical business leaders to document and define system
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time.