Product Manager (Energy)
Aquilon was founded with the idea of bringing efficiency and transparency to the wholesale energy industry through innovative technology solutions. By working side-by-side with traders, schedulers, settlement analysts, and financial professionals, Aquilon has developed a Software as a Service solution, The Energy Settlement Network (ESNTM), for wholesale energy participants to reconcile all their transactions through one platform.
Aquilon looks for individuals that demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and curiosity. Potential candidates can expect a fast-paced, fun, and challenging work environment surrounded by passionate and talented team members and industry experts.
The Product Manager will be the voice of the customer for our wholesale energy commodities and own the product execution roadmap for it. This individual will be responsible for working directly with our internal and external stakeholders to formulate a business vision for improvement and new feature projects. The individual will be responsible for owning the requirements, definition and decision process and ensure communication and collaboration between the business and IT.
We are looking for someone with Energy experience and a consulting background.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the voice of the customer for our Energy commodity teams. This means you’ll bring deep expertise about what our true customer needs are – not just what they ask for, but what they really need and will value highly
- Define the product roadmap and ensure product delivery, working closely with the development team on feature specifications, representing the voice of the user, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs
- Partner and coordinate all functional areas to ensure not just that the product meets its goals, but that the entire business meets its goals
- Learn our full technology stack and identify how we can leverage our technology to better meet customer needs. Help the team avoid over-engineering a solution in order to speed time to market, learning, and iteration
- Communicate in detail about requirements and technical trade-offs with the Customer Operations and Software Engineering leads. Present at all levels of both Aquilon and our customers organization. This requires a strong technical background
- Keep the backlog groomed, prioritized, and well understood. Help the team identify bottlenecks, and quickly identify and address schedule risks for product delivery
- As a leader of the product management team at Aquilon, you will lead in defining associated processes and methods to set up the function and enable continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of experience doing product management associated with novel technology development
- Deep expertise in rolling out solutions for the Energy industry, or equivalent experience in another sector
- Experience leading product management and defining product management processes
- Facilitation skills to define and prioritize customer requirements
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven to get results even when no-one is watching
- Consulting Background is required
- Experience with data-driven products preferred
- Statistics/Economics/Computer Science degree, or equivalent technical experience sufficient to be credible with expert quantitative customers and peers
To be successful at Aquilon you are
- Results focused and resourceful. You are eager to enhance your skills to take your career to the next level.
- Pragmatic. You fail fast and iterate quickly
- Entrepreneurial. You find opportunity where others don’t.
- Personable. Don’t be ‘that’ coworker.
- Open Minded. You know there are many avenues to success.
- Interested in pushing wholesale energy trading to the next level.