Product Manager, Media Optimization
About the Company
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
Civis Analytics is building cloud-based products to help organizations do data science better and more easily. As a Product Manager, you will work with our Engineering, Design, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing teams to drive the conception, development, and launch of new software products and to enhance existing products.
This particular role is focused on building B2B products for Media Attribution and Optimization. This includes launching products that solve business problems for omni-channel media mix and using data science to attribute outcomes feeding back into optimization. We aim to solve these core business problems by bringing not only data and science, but the scientific method into the products we launch.
You love working hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers. You have an image of what 5 years from now looks like and you can separate it from what 6 months from now needs to look like. You’ve got a honed attention to detail; we want you to care about the small things just as much as the big things. You have prior success defining and launching excellent features and/or product improvements. You can pull off that delicate balancing act of prioritizing competing opportunities (including evaluating customer needs within our business priorities). You are a pro at communication, from the articulation of a product use case all the way to writing a blog post to describe its release. You’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page.
You’ll be a great fit at Civis Analytics if you have:
- 3 + years of product management experience in a high growth software product organization
- A history of working with development teams to produce a great customer experience.
- A track record of being a great communicator and self starter who isn’t afraid to get in the weeds and truly understand the product you are building
We are looking for individuals from a wide range of backgrounds with demonstrated problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- 3+ years product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- Experience with market research and soliciting customer feedback
- Experience working with UI/UX designers
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with media analytics
- Graduate degree in computer science, data science, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience with data or analytics technologies