Product Manager- Mobile Apps at Peapod Digital Labs (Chicago, IL)
Address: USA-IL-Chicago-300 South Riverside Plaza
Store Code: CF Product Management (27180)
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
The Product Manager role at Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) will function as a key leader in the Product organization and will have 360 ownership of a set of Products through Product functions that span the spectrum from ideation-strategizing to execution-delivery and everything in between. This leader will be responsible for achieving business metrics by enhancing the customer experience on the Mobile Apps of Ahold Delhaize USA's brands - Peapod, Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin's, and Hannaford. This leader is responsible for maintaining robust inbound and outbound communications with colleagues, stakeholders, and leadership about all things to do with his/her product portfolio.
Reporting directly to a senior Product Leader and skip level to the VP/Head of Product, this role is ideal for someone with Product Management experience looking to spread their wings by taking on an impactful, empowered, and accountable, decision making flavor of Product Management.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Focus on the in-store experience: Build capabilities to increase the digital penetration of customers using mobile app inside our stores. This includes (not limited to) wayfinding, digital scan & pay, enhanced promotions & digital content for in-store products and thinking outside the box to create seamless customer experiences.
- Lead the development of a product vision, then drive a process to bring that vision to fruition
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product-line growth strategy
- Champion the needs of the customer and PDL/AD USA business goals throughout the execution of a project
- Must lead complex projects independently, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that recognize significant business value
- Drive cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development during the life cycle of product development
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Blend strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution
- Lead the prioritization of ecommerce features and understand the art of sequencing their delivery with an agile framework.
- Partner with IT on development, testing & implementation plans, as well as internal communications & deployment plans
- Collaborate with internal business partners to refine requirements and define enhancements, creating buy-in from other teams as necessary
- Vet scope, requirements, use case/user scenario, test case documents and design specifications, in partnership with UX, product managers, QA and design.
- Proactively identify issues and work with internal partners to understand options and execute solve
- Synthesize business requirements, identify areas of uncertainty, recommend solutions, gather buy-in from relevant stakeholders, roll solution out to team, shepherd feature through development and review code before rollout.
- Develop metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- 6+ years overall relevant experience
- 5+ years on iOS operating system platform
- 3+ years Digital experience
- 2+ years in product management
- 2+ years direct Mobile Apps experience
- 2+ years on Android operating system platform
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Data driven mindset and track record
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Oral and/or written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Track record of successful owning requirements for delivery of large scale - cross functional software development projects.
- Ability to Influence leadership
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress - our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-Hybrid
Job Requisition: 243448_external_USA-IL-Chicago_1132023