We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The best kind of infrastructure and the best kind of application observability, is the one that helps incidents resolve themselves. The impact of observability on our business results is crucial. Our observability adoption is in the early stages and you will be in a position to motivate our DevOps, platform, SRE and development teams in order to gain the many benefits of understanding the performance of their cloud applications. This will empower our teams to help executives and business stakeholders make data-driven business decisions.
We are looking for a Monitoring and Observability Product Manager with a technical acumen around Operations/DevOps, Big Data, Streaming Architecture and Monitoring in general. If you have a background in traditional monitoring and are looking to get in on the ground floor for cloud applications that uses operational telemetry at scale, this is the role for you! You will collaborate cross functionally with both development teams as well as our support and service teams to provide business stakeholders with real-time cloud service insights (availability, customer growth/behavior, performance).
As a Monitoring and Observability Product Manager, you have a background in product life cycle and Agile practices, as well as strong communication and collaboration skills. You will be responsible for participating and leading both discovery and development to achieve a specific product goal. You focus on building deep customer empathy, collaborating with internal stakeholders, development, and architects to optimize team processes and utilize data to monitor project success. You will help lead a team of skilled engineers focused creating exceptional user experiences and actualizing the project goals.
- Maintain thorough understanding of products and present complex technological concepts clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work directly with product and architect leads to build product strategies and goals.
- Coach and mentor others with respect to end user needs across segments and personas.
- Develop and share plans and results with relevant teams.
- Ensure that products solve customer and business problems and are stable in production, satisfying scalability, reliability, performance and business goals.
- Organize and engage in usability testing to define detailed interaction flows.
- Meet with product users to obtain a comprehensive understanding of needs and constraints.
- Anticipate the need to bring cross-functional teams together to solve problems.
- Analyze and interpret data for use in decision making
- Create qualitative objectives and justify roadmaps with quantitative key results
- Report on key product metrics.
- Develop internal rollout strategy and communication content.
- Ability to divide large projects into iterative releases.
- Test new features to ensure release equality.
- Prioritize the resolution of defects.
- Understand technical requirements with for the completion of new initiatives and ensure their success.
- Facilitate communication across internal teams and explain the value of new initiatives.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Has an agile mindset and understands Scrum values and principles
- Excellent technical understanding of software development lifecycle, DevOps, and SRE
- Experience with data engineering, analytics, and visualization.
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set goals, back up assumptions, and track success.
- Desire to address highly complex problems, systems, and interactions.
- Ability to validate solutions and work efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Ability to focus on both the details and big picture objectives and strategy.
- Excellent communicator and presenter and a high degree of comfort speaking in public
- Knowledge and experience conducting discovery and usability testing to gather customer feedback.
- Familiarity with any or all of the following technologies: New Relic, Splunk, Open Telemetry, Distributed Tracing, and Streaming Architecture.
- 5+ years in a product management role at a technology company.
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.