Product Manager - Plans at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building the future of healthcare to join our Plans product development team. What is a “Plan” might you ask? A healthcare plan specifies what care is covered or not covered for a member (an employee or their dependent) at what cost. This is fundamental to our business and to our members’ experience receiving medical care.
Plan design as it exists today in the industry is in need of substantial innovation. Members often don’t understand terms like “coinsurance”, “deductibles” and “out of pocket max”, and typical healthcare plans can leave members saddled with huge unexpected medical bills after the fact.
As Product Manager for Plans, you’ll be at the helm of a large system revamp to reinvent how plans at Collective Health work. You’ll have a clear eye towards the big picture, but also drill into the nuances: working with Engineering, Operations, and UX counterparts to define our data models to capture plan design details, create efficient interfaces to design new plans for our clients, and partner with other internal teams so that all of our systems take advantage of our new capabilities.
While we are embracing a remote-flexible work week, employees are expected to be within commuting distance of an office. The frequency of in-office days will be determined on a team-by-team basis closer to the reopening of our offices.What you'll do:
- Identify and scope business needs and translate those needs into product requirements
- Be the evangelist for your product area across all areas of the organization
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure that features are delivered to specification
- Prioritize your and your team’s attention to make appropriate tradeoffs to achieve the maximum impact
- Work across Dev and Ops teams to align priorities and timelines across large multi-team initiatives
- Communicate progress to stakeholders, functional owners, and internal team members
- 2-4 years minimum Product Management experience, or 1-2 years minimum if you have sufficient experience in a closely related field (e.g. technical project management or software engineering)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- A penchant for digging in and solving complex problems
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with enterprise software development
- Experience in healthcare, health insurance, or claims processing is a plus!
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]
Please note that Collective Health requires all employees to verify receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination or to apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement based on medical need, a sincerely held religious belief, or a local legal exemption. Candidates are not required to furnish such a verification or to seek an exemption from the verification requirement during the application process but would be asked to do so if they accept an offer.