Product Manager, Trade Insights
The Product Manager will focus on developing our Trade Insights product from the ground up. Trade Insights will be a combination of Numerator's best-in-class Promotions and Consumer Panel data sets, which together will allow our clients to determine the true impact of their promotional spend and improve ROI. This role will be responsible for determining what the MVP version of the product should be via feedback from users and internal stakeholders, conducting market research, determining specifications for the product and pivoting as needed to ensure we are providing a valuable tool that our clients will pay for. This role will also require deep analytical skills, experience in Market Research or CPG industries, and the ability to communicate across different teams and clients and focus on execution.
- Develop the product from the ground up, utilizing input from clients and internal experts that create a regular stream of ideas and concepts that can be socialized, prototyped, and prioritized into a product offering.
- User Research & Customer Needs. Understand user's needs to enhance or develop features and functionality. Be able to independently conduct market research to identify current landscape and gaps in a user's work flow, validate product ideas and understand if product ideas will address market needs. Use this research to inform launch plans.
- Design & Development. Create user stories that address user's workflow and interaction with the report -- be able to articulate how/why the output matters to the end user and the ROI. Collaborate with Design team to develop mockups and prototypes. Develop functional specs which can include excel outputs to explain methodology and collaborate with Analytical Engineers to explain the spec, test out and iterate on newly built features before launch.
- Data Analysis. We expect our Product Managers to be able to analyze data and make sense of it. Whether its usage data on our platform or getting into some of the analysis that runs our Trade Insights product.
- Managing Execution & Launches. This role will require careful coordination and planning across various functional and product teams. This role will require meticulous planning, planning for contingencies and being able to communicate clearly for successful product launch and adoption.
- Undergraduate degree; MBA optional
- Ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Excellent analytical skills
- Glean customer insights from quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Take action and hands-on experience in delivering business results
- Excellent communication skills - be able to present to customers and internal audiences
- Be comfortable with excel; SQL is a plus
- Prior experience in SaaS or Market Research industries a plus
- Prior experience with B2B product management is a plus
- Prior experience with shipping features on aggressive timelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.