Product Manager, Universal Experiences & Frameworks (UX)
Who you are:
As a Product Manager, you are a data-driven, user-centric entrepreneur who is driven to deliver beautiful and valuable offerings that earn loyal fans in complex and fast-moving markets. You possess a unique blend of business, design-thinking, and technical savvy, and a tenacious and persuasive personality to rally people around a vision and shepherd it to life. You’re curious, flexible, and industrious.
What you’ll do:
As Product Manager of Uptake’s Universal Experiences & Frameworks, you will be responsible for defining, delivering, and managing products and platforms that equip product development teams and partners to build product and service experiences that work and feel like Uptake, on all form factors, with speed and efficacy.
You will lead roadmapping and development efforts for the offerings in your care, communicating and managing priorities and KPIs, and performing validated learning with user insights. You will collaborate with product designers, engineers, customer success leads, marketers, stakeholders, and all other practitioners appropriately to bring those offerings to market.
You will be expected to grow the value and utility of the offerings in your care in a dynamic, fast-moving industrial IoT marketplace, with your success governed and measured by specific quantitative and qualitative KPIs. In this strategic role, you will serve a diverse and growing user ecosystem, so expectations are high, and effective inbound and outbound communications skills are a must.
In this role you will:
- Own the roadmaps for the offerings in your care
- Partner with product teams and partners to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize their needs and needs of their users into priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Articulate and manage user stories, prioritization, dependencies, and risks
- Provide business and technical understanding of the product
- Measure and grow internal and external user adoption of the product, ensuring that the product solves proven user needs and that priorities are appropriately balanced against the needs of multiple customer types and stakeholders.
- Ensure that good ideas, wherever they emerge, are captured, evaluated, and made visible on the roadmap
- Work with leadership to ensure business value is translated effectively
- Work with leadership to ensure your product team is positioned for success and equipped to excel
- 2+ years product management experience.
- 2+ years of use case driven storytelling experience, working with analytics and user research outcomes to deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- Working knowledge of design thinking, enterprise architecture and systems, and universal experiences in software
- Demonstrated skills in market and competitive research, product roadmapping and prioritization.
- Demonstrated skills in measuring and driving user adoption.
- Commitment to rapid discovery of minimum viable products, and to iterative testing cycles to sort out the most valuable ideas and continuously improve them.
- Innate ability to empathize with and relate to users and their jobs to be done.
- Sound critical thinking skills and judgment.
- Ability to communicate and manage goals, risks, and outcomes with clarity.
- Working knowledge of enterprise platform and product development.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- An undergraduate degree, or related coursework plus demonstrated experience on the job.
Nice To Have
- 1+ years experience in enabling customer success with enterprise platforms.
- Experience building applications using modern front-end technologies.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team of people who don’t report to you.
Why work here?
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet solved, at a speed no one has yet experienced. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.