Product Manager at Narrative Science
Product Manager Overview:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Product team to work on our core product, Lexio. As a Product Manager, this role will work with leading-edge technologies and an elite engineering team to then deliver new capabilities and features that deliver quantifiable value to our users and help craft the future of the company. Core job responsibilities include:
- Driving strategic insight to industry-standard methodologies, trending and benchmarking, and market research;
- Creation, communication, facilitation, and overall ownership of scenarios, features, and user-stories;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive positive and impactful business outcomes that align with quantifiable business metrics.
- Drive entire feature delivery lifecycle: research and prioritize customer/user needs; define problems; partner with design to prototype and design; work with engineering to develop, test and deliver a marketable product on time; collaborate with customer-facing roles to drive market awareness and customer adoption in a dynamic, results-focused environment.
- Act as Product Manager determining business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes by deeply understanding, documenting, analyzing, and synthesizing user needs into priorities, and building high-quality features and user-stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Understand and communicate the Product’s vision and strategic initiatives, and ensure alignment in all related activities meet the needs of the company’s long and short term goals.
- Ensure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support and doing them at the right time to ensure on-time product delivery
- You will serve as the development team representative during UAT for the purpose of clarifying the intended functional behavior of the software.
- Define the metrics and critical metrics used to measure the performance and value of product scope and identify and execute programs to continually improve them over time
- Assist with release and feature launches by building internal communication plans, providing all required training information to internal teams, and leading launch project plans
- 2 years’ product management experience, and has shown success defining product roadmaps for Application Software
- 4-10 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or equivalent field, required
- Experience with platform products, building reciprocally with design and engineering peers, and releasing at scale software-based offerings that drive customer return on investment.
- Cross-functional Agile/Scrum environment experience with design, development, research and analytical abilities to assess and decompose business needs into functional, technical, and design requirements
- Strategic thinker that understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Creating and communicating a narrative about the value of data and platforms to transform end-user experiences
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking skills with the ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Strong business and technical skills that allow you to be a liaison for teams and initiatives
- Effective communication skills working with external stakeholders and internal individual contributors to executive leadership
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Proven experience delivering results in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Must be Chicago based and able to work in the office regularly
- Master’s (MA, MS or MBA) in a relevant field
- Certification for Pragmatic Marketing or Product Ownership
Culture @ Narrative Science
Narrative Science believes that data storytelling can empower everyone to understand and take action from their data. Our mission is to build software that leverages artificial intelligence to automatically turn data into easy-to-understand reports, transform statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge.
Our core virtues (mission-driven, impactful, team-first, innovative) are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners, and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.