Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: Come join a driven team of product professionals dedicated to helping customers and internal stakeholders focus on what matters. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and energetic product manager to join our team and help push our products forward to bring them to the next level of excellence in our industry.The product management team works closely with customers, prospects, partners, service, sales, and engineering teams to guide new features and products from idea to release. This includes the quantification of market needs from a demand, ROI, need, and product positioning perspective, as well as exploring user workflows to identify gaps, pain points, and where Litera exists within that lifecycle.
A Day in the Life: Capture and review market data from a variety of sources, including:
- Customer meetings
- Analytics dashboards
- Surveys and interviews
- Win-loss analysis
- Industry news and competitor announcements
- Build initiatives and epics that satisfy customer needs
- Analyze how proposed changes impact other areas of the business
- Review the past few releases to analyze impacts to KPIs Wireframe and mockup solutions and iterate to build the best user experiences
- Work with marketing and sales teams to plan successful product launches
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete new hire onboarding, including eLearning courses, instructor-led training, and more
- Train on Litera’s core values and get an overview of our solutions
- Meet team members and review goals, initiatives, and specific objectives
- Meet with key stakeholders across the business
- Review and understand core market problems, value propositions, and features of the product
- Learn our current product roadmap
- Learn the product roadmap creation, development and release processes.
- Talk to and learn from our customers
Within 3 months, you will:
- Contribute to our initiative and epic research and development process
- Understand your product’s marketplace, personas, buyers, buying dynamics, and key user workflows
- Communicate with customers and prospects to listen and understand the voice of the customer.
- Drive conversations about where product lines should be going, encouraging debate and critique
- Contribute to a product release by validating and testing assumptions
- Analyze your product’s past releases to identify focuses, compromises, and areas for improvement
- Evaluate new feature and enhancement requests
- Become an autonomous member of the product team and independently plan work to meet deadlines
Within 6 months, you will:
- Present your roadmap themes, goals and supporting initiatives to the team
- Develop epics from first idea to validated story
- Serve as a subject matter expert for how users perform their jobs and feature requests for your product
- Innovate and advocate for new strategies and product direction
- Know why Litera is winning and losing in the market. Drive changes to the product that will create improvement.
- You have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to take complex business requirements and translate them to a form that’s widely understandable
- You can think through and advise about how small changes or requests can have strategic impacts across all levels of the business
- You’re comfortable speaking with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and able to seek out conversations and discussions yourself
- You are self-motivated with curiosity about how our customers work, and passionate about delivering great user experiences
- You’re comfortable balancing competing priorities while working with and solving problems for customers.
- You don’t shy away from awkward situations or being clear when you can’t commit to something
- You have attained a bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 7+ years total in product management experience and legal technology industry experience, though more is welcome.
What Sets us Apart?
- Work with a team that has a proven track record
- Our company growth will challenge, and encourage you to broaden your skills
- Generous allocation of paid time off, and flexible work hours
- Available merit-based cash bonus plan
- Many opportunities for rewards and recognition