Childcare is one of the most important decisions a family makes. At Sittercity, we connect thousands of families to sitters every day, empowering moms and dads to work, play and have peace of mind that their most precious family members are well cared for. We’re on a mission to make child care finally work. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that brings revolutionary simplicity to the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
What You’ll Do
As a product manager at Sittercity, you will be responsible for driving the product vision, planning, design and execution of innovative solutions that are rooted in user insight and data. Your primary responsibility is the overall success of our product line (both site and mobile), as well as helping set and execute its strategy. You will be an advocate for great customer experiences, championing on behalf of your users.
- Develop and drive product strategy based on business objectives and customer needs. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap.
- Clearly communicate strategy and goals across the company throughout all phases of work, from ideation to measurement.
- Get to know our users! Learn what makes users tick and ensure we’re solving the right problems in the right way by unearthing unmet needs through usability studies, research, data analysis and competitive research.
- Lead projects through definitional / discovery stages. Effectively break down problems and rigorously prioritize and set scope. Research, write and analyze requirements.
- Work with the engineering and product design team to deliver and launch new solutions that drive business goals and create delightful experiences.
- Define and maintain product KPIs, and use them to inform the success of products and their alignment with the overarching business strategy
- Grow and refine the product backlog by prioritizing both short- and long-term features
- 5+ years experience in product management, preferably with mobile products
- Track record of success in fast-paced organizations, with a bias for action and in driving results. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen.
- Innovative problem solver who can quickly grasp concepts and drive ambiguous problem into clear solutions
- Experience working with agile software development processes
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail and a passion for getting the product right
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights
- Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation; focus on data-driven decisions and gaining insights from product metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
- A fulfilling and dynamic work environment
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Open personal time off policy
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Excellent coffee from some of Chicago’s finest roasters
- Ping pong and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Subsidized use of Chime for personal Childcare services
- Industry leading maternal and paternal leave
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.