Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
About The Role
We're looking for a Product Manager to join our growing team. You will work in an ever-evolving environment either on merchant-facing or operations-facing products (or both!) with multiple stakeholders to consider.
You will help solve complex, sometimes messy, and always incredibly interesting problems at one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago. If you’re the type of person that likes to roll up your sleeves and make a real impact to thousands of customers’ livelihoods (their ecommerce businesses), this opportunity may be interesting to you.
As we grow, we expect that you will help build a world-class product team while continuing to have significant strategic impact and influence in the direction of ShipBob.
What You Will Do
- Translate our company vision to a product strategy and rally team members to execute successfully against it
- Create the product roadmap along with the 2-3 other product managers, our CEO, and our VP of Engineering
- Own our product management function for 1-2 engineering pods - from idea to execution, continuous improvement, goal setting, and iteration
- Be an advocate for our prospective and existing customers. Define a culture of empathy for user experiences.
- Identify and track metrics that measure performance, set public goals against those metrics and drive awareness of our successes and failures
- Develop a deep understanding of our market and competitors. Use those insights to plan effectively for the future of our product.
- Work directly with sales, marketing and customer success and operations to ensure cross-functional understanding of new products and compelling representation of products to the market
- You are mission-driven and want to be part of building something amazing
- You have at least 2 years of experience working for a SaaS/Technology company to build products and engineering teams.
- You have built and shipped successful products, likely in SaaS
- You are experienced using data to drive decisions - likely means you are
- Comfortable with SQL, familiar with common web analytics frameworks and have conducted dozens of customer interviews yourself
- You have a previous background in B2B, preferably with exposure to both small and large businesses
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum
- You have experience in high-growth startup environments
- You have experience with large-scale infrastructure projects, especially APIs
- You have an engineering/CS background